Chapter Thirty Six

"Celia, I need to talk to you," Ethan says. I stop walking up the steps and let him catch up to me. He has several pieces of paper in his hand.

"Um, okay. What's wrong?" I ask. The papers look like letters. I feel a panic bubble through me. What if he lost a family member or some type of emergency is happening?

"We actually need to talk about this in secret. It is best if only the two of us hear what I have to tell you," he says.

"Okay," I say. He leads me to his room. It's ordinary compared to Flynn's. The walls are green with white borders. A table and chairs sit off to one side. A wardrobe and dresser sit against the wall. A large bed sits on the back wall with an ottoman at the foot.

"So, what's wrong?" I ask. He motions for me to sit at the table. I do and he sits across from me. He sits the papers down on the table and turns them so I can see them.

"These are some letters that Flynn has been receiving and they've been piling up," Ethan says. I refuse to look at them, afraid to look into Flynn's personal life.

"Where did you get those?" I ask. I keep my eyes on his face. I feel that if I look away I might see something I will regret.

"They were laying in the cigar room. Flynn must have left them there while he went to the restroom or something," Ethan says. He doesn't show any signs of lying.

"So, why does it matter?" I ask. An almost wicked smile curls out on his face.

"Take a look at them, Celia. Has he told you about Samantha?" he asks. I shake my head.

"No. He has only told me about his family and there is no one named Samantha that he has told me about," I say. Ethan stares at me a little while longer.

"So, his family is the only people he has told you about?" Ethan questions. I nod but then I stop. I sigh and shake my head.

"No. There was. . . there was. . ." I start. I can't finish. Things start to click together in my head.

"There was who?" Ethan asks. His eyebrows are slightly raised. He stares at me with curiosity in his eyes.

"Sam. He also told me about Sam," I say.
Boom! I just dropped a giant bomb there! I know how upset you all are about the fight and not knowing what happened. I have other plans, though, guys! I don't plan on telling what actually happened until closer to the end! Please tell me what you think. Please comment and vote!

And, I do read the comments! You all can easily bring a smile to my face! Your comments and passion for the story is just like... wow. Half the time I'm trying not to crack up about them.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.