7

Presley lays there feeling the arm come around her waist and pushes back into the man feeling his strong arm wrap around her. The man rests his head against her back and she stares at the commonwealth helmet neatly placed on a dresser nearby. she rolls out of his hold and walks out into the large hallway and down it but stops hearing a voice from a room. she peaks in seeing a room with a radio and comes closer to it hearing the voice.

"This is TSH. Mason wanted to check-in. is everything going well there Lukas?"

Presley stares down the radio and remains quiet as the voice asks.

"luke it's grace is everything okay?"

She walks down the hall and stops by the door opening it and stares down the man sitting up in bed putting his shirt on. Presley nods to him and motions to the door.

"you work for mason?"

Lukas turns his head and remains quiet as Presley nods her head.

"makes sense we didn't just meet  by chance"

"Presley nothing is by chance it just is what it is but"

Lukas stands up, grips her hand as he smiles to her 

"Not all of us are bad people"

"no, but you work at TSH of all places. no one there is good Lukas"

"look we all have jobs to do Presley. Nate is dead someone had to step up and me and mason we go way back before everything and I owe him a lot. you seem to forget you owe mason a lot too Presley. he saved your life more than once and he does care about you, and those girls that's why I'm here to make sure you're safe."

"I don't need you or him or anyone else. the commonwealth is safe-"

"for now-"  Lukas nods his head to Presley and he comments.

"do you really think you pulled one over on Mason? I mean really Presley? He let you lock him up.." 

Lukas stops himself and she stares him down not speaking as he nods to her and asks.

"why do you think it was so easy he didn't even fight you on it?"

Presley remains quiet and Lukas stares her down as he fastens his shirt on and whispers.

"he gave himself up for you. he could have overpowered you and probably done whatever he wanted even killed you but he didn't."

"mason can care less about anyone-"

"you know that's not true. he just keeps it to himself and most likely if he showed he cared about someone a lot then he probably doesn't but there are a few people mason really cares about-"

"He killed his best friend..."

"lewis was not mason's best friend. well lewis considered mason his best friend but mason he has someone else he was closer to and still is"

"who?"

Presley turns her head staring down Lukas and asks.

"you?"

"like I said we go way back"

"then why weren't you at the estate?"

"I was with family. my mom, dad, sisters we all survived we did what we had to do but we had a community senator Reid built it up, then the commonwealth came. Myron came and he killed my dad, my mom she didn't last much longer. what adults remained I mean the elders they called themselves they weren't much. all the real survivors were killed that's the same time around I reconnected with Mason he promised to make it right again."

"I don't know what he was like before luke but mason isn't a good guy-"

"you assume Mason was ever a good guy. we are better than most around us but good? fuck none of us are good that's why we are still here. maybe our future kids will be good people, but us?"

Presley stares down Lukas and Lukas smirks as he asks.

"You think your good don't you Presley? that you are just a victim of it all?" 

Lukas eyes over Presley and nods to her.

"but you were sleeping with Mason while he was married, while you were married. like I said no ones good anymore we just survived and will keep surviving."

"mason killed his own brother you can't try to say I am anything like him"

"didn't say that Presley but we both know you have feelings for him and I'm not just here to keep an eye on you I'm here to make sure nothing happens to you or those girls. those are my orders."

Presley remains quiet and Lukas motions to the door.

"I need to go answer that radio and check-in. why don't you spend some time and figure out what you want."

"what do you mean?"

"you know what I mean" 

Lukas nods to her, walks out and leaves her alone. she sits down on the bed and stares down at her rings and twirls one around her finger staring it over. She thinks of Konnor and stares the ring over feeling her hands shake as she whispers.

"he's always watching."