22

"so you want to be a part of Alexandria now?" Negan lifts his eyes staring down Alex, sally and a third girl he doesn't recognize. Alex lifts his head trying to remain calm as he feels his hand shake.

"yes." Alex nods and Negan shifts his eyes as he asks.

"you think you can be okay with this?" he motions around the blocks of the normal-looking street and Alex lifts his eyes staring down the normal block and feels his stomach turn as he nods his head.

"We have to be-" Ngan turns his head and hears a voice.

"What is this?"

"kids..." Negan motions to Michonne and she turns her head asking.

"From where?"

 "around..." Negan comments staring down Alex and Alex takes a deep breath thinking of his old home and sighs thinking of it being destroyed. Negan shifts his eyes and asks.

"are you alright?"

Sally nods her head and motions to her brother.

"just tired..."

Sally glanceS to her brother and he nods to Michonne

"A lot happened out there we just want a safe place now"

"Well you survived but we will need to ask you some questions"

Michonne stares down Alex

"Have you ever killed anyone?"

Alex's hand shakes  as Sally stares her brother down and he glances up lying

"No" negan shifts repeating the answer

"No?" Negan turns his head as Alex shifts his eyes as he nods his head stating

"Never, just walkers lots and lots of walkers. I do my best never to hurt other people." He lies again keeping a straight face and negan turns his head knowing the kid is lying but takes a deep breath

"These kids have been through a lot-"

Michonne glances to Sally and asks

"What about you?"

"Just one. he tried to hurt me so I had to hurt him" Sally nods remembering and michonne turns her head staring the other girl down who is standing close to Alex comforting the boy and michonne asks

"And you?"

"Never had to but plenty of walkers out there I know how to survive and what it takes"

"We all do.." Alex states firmly and Michonne turns her hed staring the boy down as she asks.

"how long have you been out there-"

"too long-" Negan comments staring down Alex and Alex shifts in place as he whispers.

"We never had a home, a real home for long. the walkers always come or humans." Alex looks to the floor thinking to himself and he lifts his eyes staring down Negan.

"The humans are always worse. you never know what to expect."

Alex's wife rubs his back and Alex glances up as he asks.

"But people can change, right Negan?

Negan turns his head knowing what the kid is capable of and comments. 

"some.." Negan lifts his baseball bat pushing it on his shoulder and stares down Alex and examines him. Negan takes a deep breath and motions to the houses

"We should get these kids set up..." Michonne stares down the kids and nods her head agreeing.

"Yeah, we got a free house.." Negan walks with the kids down to the free house and comments as he gets to the door and eyes over Alex.

"about what happened, kid" Alex motions to Negan, lifts his eyes and Negan motions to him.

 "you mean at the community or when the saviors killed our friends?" Alex steps towards Negan but sally steps forward.

"Alex..." Alex looks over Negan and takes a deep breath in as sally motions to him and whispers.

"breathe..." Alex's wife rubs his back and he glances back at her as she nods to him and he motions to sally.

"We should rest..."

Negan pushes the door open and watches the three teens enter the house and he turns his head staring down Alex who steps to the door glaring at him as he shuts it over and comments.

"I have so much hate for him yet..."

"I know." Sally says commenting but Alex's wife interrupts.

"maybe you should rest, clean up and-"

 "Alex..." his wife states sounding upset and Alex motions back.

"go up I'll be there soon.." his wife glances between Alex and his sister as she shakes her head angered and walks up the stairs leaving them alone. Alex hears the door slam shut and hears sally.

"I thought you didn't like weak people-"

"she'snot weak. mason raised her too..." He glances up the stairs and hears sally.

"you are not focused." Alex shifts his eyes and motions up that stairs. 

"it is nice to have something to care about-"

"you don't care about her." Sally walks up to his side and whispers.

"you only care about yourself.." Sally walks away leaving Alex alone and he closes his eyes thinking of his family and shakes his head as he sits slowly on the steps and stares forward and shifts hearing his wife.

"come to bed..."

         ********************************************************************************

Alex awakes heairng some noise and shifts in bed seeing a shaow ion the other side of the room. he glances to th empty spot next to himand asks.

"you tired?" the girl doesn't respond and Alex shifts as he stops relating something. he glance to his right at the blood and shifts in place asking. 

"What..." he shakes his head feeling his hands shake as he whispers.

"it finally happened?" he gets out of bed and steps closer as the girl stays turned away from him and he asks again.

"she got you?"

Alex steps up seeing the now visible walker and he takes a breath in as he comments.

"she did, huh?"

he turns the walker around eyeing his now-dead wife and stares her over as he eyes the slit throat and asks.

"was it in your sleep, I wonder?" he licks his lips staring over the frees walker and asks.

"was it painful--" the walker groans out in his face and he smirks as he whispers.

"I bet it was..."

Alex takes a deep breath in and slides out his knife as he stares the girl over and motions to her.

"I am sorry you got caught up in our game-" Alex shoves the knife into the walker's skull and it falls to the ground and he remains still eyeing the now dead walker. he steps out of the room and walks down some stairs. he stops and eyes sally standing there drenched in blood and turns his head examining her. she glances up with a small smile and whispers.

"Now she's gone..." Alex turns his head and sally steps forward hugging her brother who lightly pats the top of her head comforting his sister. she begins humming softly as she stares forward and Alex whispers.

"you won..."