Before Flashback Mason Part One

Mason stands there hearing some yelling behind him as doctors rush around yelling out to each other. he goes into a tent muffling the sounds and dials on his cell phone hearing some ells outside. he rolls his eyes and hears the voice pick up.

"hey, beck..." mason's voice goes low and beck replies sounding upset.

"where are you? our engagement dinner is in an hour-" mason replies back.

"about that." beck sounds angry as her voice raises.

"mason?" she asks sounding upset and he takes a deep breath.

"I, Beck. I'm not in DC."

"What do you mean you're not in DC? you said you were with your father? you said it would be a day, it has been three weeks!" she yells at him and he rubs his eyes as he whispers into the phone trying to calm his fiance down.

"look this is important-"

"you're a lawyer this internship can't be that big of a deal!" she yells at him and he turns his head feeling his blood rush with worry as he comments.

"look it is a big deal."

"mason your father knows people. he can find you an internship here in new york. you don't have to be where you are-"

"I do."

Beck sighs and mason whispers to her.

"Please just give me two more weeks. I will be back in new york. we can have a nice dinner I will take you to that nice Thai place you like-"

"no." beck states sounding upset and she whispers back.

"I am going to stay with my parents, I'm already packed because I had a feeling mason I knew you wouldn't be here. you're never here."  he rubs his face with his hand and hears a voice behind him.

"Mason, we need you." he turns back eyeing the man in scrubs and he sighs out as he whispers into the phone.

"I love you. when I get back we will talk."

"Mason, I am leaving the ring." she hangs up before he can reply and Mason hears the man's voice behind him raise.

"Reid." he turns back and the man nods to him.

"We need you." he shoves the cell phone into his pocket and walks out eyeing the man flailing on the gurney. he turns his head and the doctor standing with him explains.

"We were ready to deploy the vaccine and test it on him but then we came back and this is how he is acting."

mason turns his head and the man asks.

"has this happened before?"

mason lies.

"no." mason rubs the back of his head and motions to the man.

"you don't have consent?" the doctor shakes his head no and masons sighs.

"We need a new patient-"

"shit, he bit me." the soldier steps back holding his bleeding arm and the doctor next to mason sighs.

"I will get you bandaged up and let's get this man into straps please." the doctor motions and some nurses wearing military attire holds down the man strapping him to a gurney. mason hears the doctor giving orders.

"get his blood pressure, heart rate and I want to know everything run a CBC..." mason stands there and hears a woman's voice eyeing the woman in military gear walk up to him. she stops next to him motioning with her head.

"Reid." she girns to him and mason motions to her.

 "Lieutenant"

"I thought I said you could call me by my first name?" she motions to him as she whispers.

"especially after last night." she leans towards him and he shakes his head.

"I thought we agreed not to discuss that. it was just the product of a few drinks." the woman in military attire motions around.

"your daddy is paying a lot of money to make sure you're safe here, Reid." she motions to him and she whispers stepping closer.

"hell even I got offered a promotion to watch your rich ass. I just didn't expect it to be so nice to watch." she winks to the younger man and mason rolls his eyes.

"I didn't know my father was paying you..."

"I wasn't planning to discuss anything. it is going to be a bit before they get the results back. they need to take it to the local hospital, get the paperwork printed then bring it back here so at least a good three hours." she turns her head and stares down the good looking man as she motions off.

"thought we could pass the time." she steps forward as she whispers.

"in my tent." mason looks her over and states.

"my fiance dumped me today."

"even a better excuse but why am I not surprised you didn't mention her?" she turns her head and mason motions off.

"Why don't we do less discussion,  Lexi." mason smirks to her and she rolls her eyes.

"lead the way.." mason hears one of the nurses.

"Sir, you need to calm down."

Lexi sits down on the bed and nods to mason.

"it's as bad as last time."

"of course it is."

"you think this will hit the states?"

"not if they contain it like they are-"

"can they?" Lexi asks and mason sits down next to her as he asks.

"I thought you didn't want to talk?"

"well, you seem to be the one who knows more about this."

mason shrugs his shoulders and Lexi looks him over.

"Should we worry?" mason kisses her as he whispers.

"Nope."

gunshots sound and mason takes a deep breath in hearing some screams. he hears his phone go off and answeres it hearing his father.

"there's a helicopter landing. I want you to go there now..." the phone clicks off and mason motions out as he and the woman run out of the tent. he eyes the staff struggling with the erratic person and walks calmly as he whispers to his escort.

"don't let them know. let's just walk..." they walk forward and hear the helicopter above them as mason stares up smiling.

"He always comes through."

mason hears some yelling.

"contain them, dammit!" mason turns hearing a loud noise and hears some yelling as a large explosion happens in the distance. the woman next to him glances up and whispers.

"They dropped bombs? that's in the direction of the hospital."

"it's not contained?" mason asks sounding upset and the helicopter lands as the door shifts open and the man in military attire motions.

"Reid?"

"yep..." mason steps forward and the man stops him as he motions to Lexi.

"who's this?"

"my escort.."

"Alright, just get inside, now!" they both enter the helicopter and the man shuts the door over as it takes off leaving the military personnel alone as the doctor stares up and asks.

"did they just leave us?"