9

A large herd of walkers moves forward and styles overlooks it hearing a voice.

"are you really going to do this dad?"

"yes, Lydia it needs to be done Alexandria cannot just attack our people, kill your mother. the whisperers need a new alpha..."

"and your so sure it's you?" Beta steps forward and Styles stares hi over stepping back a bit afraid of the other man but states coldly.

"I know you think there should be no new alpha, but beta they need direction they are going crazy splitting attacking..."

Beta steps closer to styles staring him down as he states.

"then I will lead them they need to pay and as I hear they want new allies, new friends. if we want to make a statement we send the herd to the commonwealth."

"the commonwealth? " styles says lowering his voice as he asks.

"do you realize what that will do?"

"Nothing, because all they will do is see a herd of walkers that somehow made it to their door."

Styles stares down beta and asks.

"Whose idea was this?"

Beta stares down styles as he points to the heard and demands.

"gather the herd styles. I will take care of the rest"

styles whistles loudly and a few whispers mixed into the herd looks up ad styles yells.

"push them right!"

Lydia looks on afraid eyeing a large number of walkers and flinches feeling a hand placed on her arm as beta nods to her.

"soon..."

Lydia remains quiet eyeing the large herd gather and move towards their destination.

    *******************************************************************************

Konnor takes a deep breath in staring out the window at the nice law and hears Beck.

"the fucking lawn all mason ever cared about was that stupid lawn. he would work kids all-day, starve them, then the girls once they hit age...."

"He did what he had to do."

"How can you say that Konnor? he had people raped, murdered, he used kids for labor and turned them into monsters..."

"he turned them into what they had to be. no one lives out here without being tough and being prepared. mason prepared them."

"So where are they, huh Kon? I don't see any more kids, do you?"

Beck motions around at the green grass and Konnor comments.

"I assume if mason's alive he knows where the kids would be..."

"you assume mason ever cared they were just bodies to build an army with that's all any of us were bodies."

Beck runs her hands over her arms thinking about Mason for a second and looks to the floor as she thinks of the man who saved her and Konnor asks.

"You alright?"

Beck scratches her neck feeling the old pain and nods to Konnor.

"Yeah, I will be. I just feel exhausted. I'm gonna grab some food and lay down.."

she walks out and Konnor glances back to the law and asks outright.

"How are you still green?"

Konnor walks out the door and comes up to the law staring it down as he notices something and he leans down eyeing the cement under the grass and pulls up the grass seeing it. he sits back eyeing the cement and asks outright.

"where'd the food come from?"

"that's a good question."

he turns noticing the voice and eyes Fiona standing behind him and asks sounding surprised.

"you're alive?"

"yeah." she nods to Konnor and stares at the cement and comments.

"his mother had it put in before the apocalypse and senator Reid at the start always said the soil was so fertile that we'd always have crops, always have food but there is no soil..."

she sits on the grass and stares are the exposed cement and Konnor asks.

"did you know where the food came from?

 "the commonwealth I assume. mason and Pamela have always been two peas in a pod. her son was friends with mason before the apocalypse."

"so he lied to everyone?" konnor says sounding mad and Fiona shakes her head.

"no, he just never told anyone. he felt it was best to withhold certain information for only certain people."

"Who knew?"

"me, lewis and I assume Miya knew"

"so everyone who is supposed to know is dead."

"makes sense why lewis and Miya are dead he wanted to cover up that he wasn't self-sufficient it would make him look weak."

"We were all loyal we wouldn't tell anyone and he cared about Miya you may not believe it but he did he wanted to keep her safe and to keep her alive."

"You can't actually believe that after everything he did to you, Fiona."

"I do."

Fiona looks to the ground nd Konnor asks.

"your afraid of him that's why you came back?"

"no." Fiona shakes her head.

"Mason doesn't scare me. I knew him before and Mason was never a scary person but he was calculated"  

She stares at the cement and nods to herself.

"just like his father apaprently"

 ************************************************************************************

"the herd is in psiton..." Mason nods his head and looks to beta as he smiles.

"good, let your men lead them in then. I want as many people dead as possible by tonight"

"your gonna start a war?" Beta asks sounding concerned and Mason looks to him as he nods.

"I have no choice if Pamela continues a lot of people may die but this way a few dies and we take the city"

"then what?"

"find Negan get your revenge if you want. Alexandria won't have help from the patriots or the new wealth you have my word beta.."

Mason places out his hand and Beta stares it down as Beta comments.

"I apologize but somehow I don't believe your word is good from past experience."

Mason drops his hand and puts on a small smirk as he pints to beta. 

"you, you are a smart man eta.."

Mason gets to his side and nods to him.

"it's very very smart not to trust someone you know nothing about -"

Beta pushes mason to a walla and mason stands there still afraid as Beta looks down whispering.

"I know all about you Mason Reid. you were one of us." 

Mason takes a deep breath in and Beta whispers.

"and one day you will be one of them I promise you that.."

He shaves mason to the wall and Mason fixes his clothes and laughs a bit.

"I see and I hear you but I am sure the whispers and the patriots can come to an agreement beta..."

"no more agreements, no more children. we will release your herd and then we never see you again because when we do you will walk with the dead again..."

beta lowers his voice again staring down mason.

"but you will not be human when you do."