19

Mason sits there in his chair seeing the chicken and hears some sighs as he glances at Konnor staring down his food. He hears the plates clinking around him as he hears Presley.

"Is this it? I hear Alexandria and the commonwealth are working well together -"

"won't last-" Konnor comments staring down his food and Masons mind drifts off to lewis and how the commonwealth use to be. he frowns and Presley asks.

"what goes through your head?"

"Nothing, what are you even doing here?" Mason motions with his eyes to Konnor.

"Sorry, I'm late-" Beck walks in and kisses Konnor on the cheek but glances up to Presley and Beck looks around.

"no chair??" She comments glaring to Mason who casually gets up and pushes his chair to her.

"take a seat-"

"yours?" Beck says sounding surprised and Mason motions to it trying to keep the peace.

"It won't bite-" he smirks and beck rolls her eyes taking the chair and pulling it up next to Konnor as she sits and glances at Presley. Presley glares back but mason clears his throat.

"ley let's get some sleep" 

"What?" She says gritting her teeth as she eyes how close Konnor and beck are sitting. Mason steps up and motions.

"you heard me."

Presley feels her blood boil and quickly walks up beside mason who holds the door for her and she steps out hearing the door close over.

"That fucking asshole-"

Mason remains quiet and she shakes her head upset.

"I stayed with him through everything-"

Presley looks to the ground and mason asks.

"do you love him?"

"I do." She nods her head and mason turns his head and comments.

 "he would've let you drown you know that right?"

"he's a survivor-"

"he is selfish ley."

"and your not?" 

"of course I am. I'm just realistic about it, I don't hide who I am not from you." She tenses feeling his hand placed to her hip and he asks.

"do you want to leave?"

"where would I go?"

"the commonwealth?" he asks sounding unsure of his words ad Presley glances to him.

"you're really giving up on it? why would you so fast?" 

he taps her nose with his pointer finger.

"why don't you go on back home and have time with the girls, enjoy yourself..."

he leans in and whispers.

"hug them real tight" she stares mason down reading his smirk and whispers.

"what did you do?"

He smirks wider and motions to her.

"I can get you a nice car ride up there should only take a few hours-" 

"what will I find when I get there?"

Mason shrugs as he smiles to himself and motions to Presley.

"guess you'll have to see."

**********************************************************************************