Bloody Fields (Flashback Part Three)

Sam lays there here some laughing as the two guys walk away from him. he shakes his head feeling the pain and Konnor sits over a hill overlooking the first trial. Sam pushes to his feet hearing a walker and shoves it to a tree smiling to himself as he shoves a knife into its skull letting the walker fall to the ground. he stares around him mapping out his surroundings and begins making his way towards the estate. he eyes the old dirtbike and remembers his brother's old instructions from the past. he gets on it and kicks down starting the motor as konnor looks in in the distance commenting. 

"mistake one-" he stops himself from talking looking on at what sam does.

am kicks the pedal and the engine roars as he watches the walks around hm come out and smiles to himself as Konnor watches and asks.

"he isn't taking off?"

slowly sam as his blade into the pedal keeping the bike motor going as walkers get closer. he jams it so the bike keeps running, placing it down allowing ti tot to gain the walker's attention as he slowly slips away walking to his destination. konnor sits forward in the chair and smiles.

"a distraction?"

sam steps out into the road still hearing the bike a distance away as he casually walks down the road towards the large bridge. he eyes the walkers on the bridge and jumps down into the dirt going around them as he crawls up and towards the town. he eyes his surroundings taking int he buildings and lifts his leg kicking a door in as hew walks into it.  he grips his second knife hearing no sounds and stops looking at the small back room. he stops eyeing a dead body and a gun and bends down checking the ammo as he motions down to it.

"always set up supplies, didn't you mason?"

he looks into the gun eyeing the bullets and smiles to himself reloading it. he tucks the gun away but hears some noise and places his back to a wall.

"go left." two men split up and sam sits with his back to a wall hearing them.

"supplies, some food, water!"

sam stares down the body and shifts his eyes getting a glimpse of two men and looks down to his gun hearing them shuffle through things stealing supplies. he gets to his feet and walks out slowly noticing the mone man doesn't notice him and press his gun to the back of his head before the man says anything he pulls ack his trigger killing him. the man's body drops to the ground and the other man yells out. 

"you alright?"

the other man comes out and eyes sam going for his gun but Sam's shoots him once in the gun and walks up to the man. the man looks up shaking his head. 

"no, please, no-look. you can have the supplies-" Sam shakes his head, raises his gun and shoots the man in the face. he turns his head and looks over the supplies and grabs the man's bag rummaging through it. he eyes the medical supplies and walks into a room that was originally closed off and throws the ba into it and shuts the door over again locking it back into place. 

sam walks out of the building and into fresh air taking a deep breath in and tucks his gun away as he walks forward towards another road. he walks down it slowly keeping his eyes forward and stops eyeing the highway remembering something and lets out a small laugh.

"made a killing didn't you dad?" Sam stands there staring at the highway from a road off of it and turns his head staring down all the cars piled up and shakes his head.

"They couldn't even escape, could they?"

he shakes his head turning back to the long road and walks slowly taking in the sights of all the cars stopped in time. eh stops eyeing the arrow pointing his way and smiles as he asks.

"salvation?"

he rolls his eyes and walks forward but stops hearing a car. sam doesn't move and hears the door slam and a voice. 

"where the fuck you going!" he hears a shot fire off to his right and unsure if the man has poor aim or wasn't going for him. he leans back and hears the voice.

"turn around now kid we want to see the face of the kid that kills innocent people-"

sam turns slowly staring down the two men and shakes his head correcting them.

"you mean two thieves, sir." Sam girns wide as he stares down the man and motiosn to them but they reply.

"what do you mean boy?"

"I mean they stole what didn't belong to them"

"It's a building kid. no one owns it-"

"that is where you're wrong. you see this road, these houses, that there town and that building that belongs to a family sir."

"unlikely they care much given the circumstance kid-"

"oh, they do. fuck even the road is named after them. you don't believe me just see that sign over there." he motions to a sign with the name of the highway on it and the man motions to the kid.

"Reid's way..." the man shrugs as Sam smiles wide and nods to the men.

"I'm sure this was just a big misunderstanding but no need for anyone else to die-"

"you killed two men in cold blood kid just shot them-"

"I protected what was mine from two thieves. I don't talk and ask questions because they may just kill me first. was I supposed to say hi to two men stealing from my family?"

one of the men grips his gun firmly as he stares down the teen and Sam nods to him.

"you two didn't steal though so you could get in your cars and just drive. leave and never look back or I mean you could try and kill me but I own these woods, there are scouts with eyes on you right now. they can tear you apart and then feed on you just like the walkers do. when you're out here for a long time you know you get hungry sir, you get thirsty...."

a gunshot fires off taking out one of the man's windows and he flinches turning in a general direction as Sam whispers.

"they seem thirsty tonight..."

the two men keep their distance as Sam motions to them.

"Just drive away. no one needs to die, do they?"

"let's go..." one man motions to the other.

"He killed them!"

"This isn't a fight we can win..." the one man motions to the other and the other drops his gun and nods as they get into the car and back away slowly leaving Sam alone in the road. he motions to the woods smiling to himself as he turns and walks in the direction of the estate.