24

"Alex!" sally screams as she stares around the herd not being able to find Alex and pushes through the walkers screaming again.

"Alex!" she flinches feeling a hand come over her mouth and hears Mason.

"shut the fuck up they are everywhere..." she breaths out as mason disconnects his hand from the girl's mouth and he whispers to her.

"lead the herd west and don't worry about your brother..." She takes a breath feeling her body go numb and turns back seeing mason disappear back into the herd hearing mason's soft whisper.

"I won't leave you two behind..."

Sally stands there afraid but feels a bump and looks to her right seeing Alex as he winks to her. she slowly follows behind him leading the herd forward towards the woods and into them. As the herd keeps moving Alex drags her to the side and whispers.

"got ya..."

"I thought something happened to you."

"never, I'm gonna live forever..." Alex winks to her and she speaks softly.

"I hope so."

"of course I will..." Alex smiles at her and she turns her head eyeing the herd and asks.

"Should we get back out?"

"no, fuck it."

"fuck it?" Sally asks sounding surprised and Alex nods his head.

"Yeah, fuck it, fuck mason, fuck it all. they are moving the right way already. why keep going?"

"they could turn back-"

"not our problem-"

"Alex..." he leans close to Sally and whispers.

"not our problem, sal..." she bites her lip and shakes her head disagreeing.

"I'm gonna go."

"you're putting yourself in danger again."

"Mason's out there-"

"and he survives. worry about yourself sal.."

Alex motions to her and she stares down his lips and whispers.

"I don't have to. you'll protect me won't you?" Alex wipes his nose on his sleeve getting the smell of walker guts out of it and stares to his left at the passing herd. sally places out her hand and asks.

"you coming?"

"no." Alex states and sally turns her head.

"no?"

"let's just leave Sal. we can go somewhere else. we don't have to do this anymore.."

"but mason-"

"will be fine." Alex puts out his hand to sal and asks.

"will you come with me?"

"Alex...." Sally stares down his hand and Alex whispers.

"We don't have to pretend anymore the game is over."

"I can't leave mason-"

"it's all fake the grass is fake, the promises are fake-"

"he protects us-"

"when?" Alex shrugs his shoulders and asks sounding upset.

"when, sally?"

Sally remains quiet and Alex whispers.

"he left us out there with walkers, he killed Miya..." Alex lowers his voice and sally shakes her head disagreeing.

"he loved Miya-"