Homecoming Part One

Alex smashes his knife into a walker's skull hearing the screams and shakes his head knowing it's in his mind. He smacks the side of his head trying to get the voices to stop as he eyes the testing grounds and yells at the voices.

"shut up!"

His screams get some of the walker's attention and they begin walking towards him as he feels his hands shake barely able to hold the knife. His face grows warm as the tears flow and he whispers to himself.

"Sally..."

A walker goes to lunge for him but he places out his hand stopping it in its track and stares the walker over with a small smile and tares it down to the ground and begins stabbing it repeating in the face taking his rage out on it. he sits back on the dead walker and ignores the others roaming slowly around him knowing the area is where the estate collects the herd for the first trial. 

He sits back eyeing the walker's smashed-in face and takes in the sight as he wipes his tears away ignoring the new blood-splattered down his face. A walker goes to lunge for him but is pulled back and a small ax is smashed into its skull. Alex doesn't even flinch as he hears the walker drop behind him and the girl he told to go home earlier walks up to his side as she stares him down and sits in the dirt unafraid of the walkers as well. Alex stares down his work and the girl next to him does the same but she speaks sounding angry with the boy her age.

"what the fuck are you doing out here?'

Alex plays with the knife in his hand and the girl stares it down noticing it is soaked in blood. She glances around realizing the grounds are covered in dead walkers and asks sounding concerned.

"how long have you been here?"

He shrugs and looks up realizing it's getting dark and the girl stares him down worried but keeps clam.

"it's getting dark shift change will happen soon, we are supposed to be on shift till then we don't do shift we don't eat-"

"I'm not hungry-"

Alex shrugs again and stares the girl down as she stares back at him examing him soaked in blood and asks.

"do you want to have sex?"

"what?"  he stares at her body and she shrugs.

"We have three hours, Scott and that other idiot from the boy scouts are going to take over. you know they run late. what else are you gonna do? Sit there and kill the rest? that just means we have to find more tomorrow."

she leans forward and kisses his lips as she motions to him.

"We can go back to post and just see what happens?"

she goes to reach for the knife but Alex grips it tighter and points it towards her.

"it's my knife."

she stares the blood-soaked knife down and nods her head understanding. she runs her hand down to his hand holding it and whispers.

"I won't take it."

*******************************************************************************************

Alex walks side by side with the girl up to the estate gates as she asks.

"do you want to talk about it?"

"Nope." He shakes his head and she stares back to him with a small smile as the gates open wide. He walks in with her and she asks staring the boy over admiring him.

"do you want to scout again tomorrow?"

He stares her over and she smiles staring back at him as he nods. 

"sure we need to collect those walkers-"

"No, Alex I mean do you want to SCOUT again tomorrow." she bits her lip and he stares her over as he shrugs.

"I always say yes. don't I?" he walks away from her and she stares after him rolling her eyes angry at the boy. 

Alex keeps walking into the hall and as he does he notices a few people step away as he looks around eyeing the cleanness and spits on the floor by the feet of a few boys in camouflage walking in the direction of the cafeteria. He stops eyeing the boy sitting alone reading and runs his eyes over him as he walks forward feeling his muscles tense. He stops eyeing a girl casually sit next to the boy and examines her as he cracks his neck and stares her down. Alex walks forward and a guy dishes out some food quickly as he steps back.

"whoa fuck dude, you stink."

Alex takes the tray a bit angry with the boy and ignores him as he walks up to the table Jaxon is sitting and slowly sits down across from him. Jaxon glances from the girl to Alex and Alex glances up controlling his anger as he stares up to the boy and remains casual.

"Good to see you."

"yeah."

Jaxon rubs his noise getting used to the stench and the girl walks away avoiding the horrid smell as she quickly gets distance from the creepy and unclean boy. Alex sits back pushing the meat into his mouth chewing loudly without manners and Jaxon stares him down noticing his old friend and stiffens hearing the boy across from him.

"Sam, I know it's you." Alex keeps cutting his meat not even looking up and Sam asks sounding concerned.

"where's Sally?"

"gone-"

"gone?"

"yeah, gone." Alex glances up for a split second and Sam remains quiet taking in the boy's face covered in dirt and blood. He feels his body grow warm and Alex doesn't speak as he cuts deeply into his meat eyeing the blood pour out on the plate as he motions down.

"they always undercook mine, always." he ignores it and shoves the meat into his mouth chewing loudly getting the attention of a few kids off to the side who look disgusted with the older boy.

"they can put it on for longer-"

"blood makes it taste better-" Alex motions to it and chews loudly as the boy across from him looks on amused by it but Alex shifts watching the room clear out and asks.

"I want to know what your plan is-"

"my plan?" Sam tries to act stupid and Alex shoves his empty plate to the side and nods his head.

"Yeah, your plan. don't play me like an idiot Reid"

"I don't have one-"

"bullshit, I watched you, saw it. that little bitty scar, I've had worse. there is worse out there then a little scar, Sam-"

"what do you want?"

"Are you gonna fucking kill him?" Alex asks sounding interested and Sam looks up as he shakes his head.

"why would I tell Mason's son that?"

"he isn't my dad. my dad, my real one  died on day one protecting me and my sister, I watched it but I covered her eyes she was shielded, she was good-"

Alex stops himself from speaking and Sam stares him over and asks outright.

"Is she dead?"

Sam stares down Alex examining him as he puts his tray off at the end of the table and one of the kids from the back comes running up picking it up and placing it to the front as Sam examines the interaction and notices something. Alex leans towards him and Sam tries to avoid the horrid smell of rotting flesh as Alex bangs his hands on the table and yells at Sam.

"Look at me!" Sam glances up and Alex whispers to him.

"he raised me, I love him." Alex stops himself and Sam outright states.

"Love makes you weak."

Alex sits there as Sam goes to walk away but Sam stops and whispers.

"I wouldn't tell you shit."