23

Konnor stares out the window at the community and the houses. he turns his head staring at the view and hears Beck.

"it's nice..." Beck steps up next to him staring out the window as she smiles.

"it's normal-"

"nothings normal, beck..." he closes over the drapes and sits back in a chair staring forward as beck asks.

"you're in charge here-"

"not for a while, this isn't home."

"well, the estate is gone-"

"he has more..." Konnor shifts nodding his head as he comments lowly.

"he always has more" Beck shifts her eyes to the ring on Konnor's finger and asks.

"Does this make you think of her?"

Konnor remains quiet staring forward and Beck steps in his line of sight.

"Hey..." he lifts his eyes and shakes his head.

"what?" he asks sounding annoyed and beck turns her head

"look Konnor she's not your wife anymore, you two are over you can't expect her to forgive what you did-"

Beck leans over the desk and stares down at Konnor.

"you are a good person you made some bad choices but you aren't bad..."

Konnor lets out a laugh as he motions to her.

"you don't know me you know what I tell you but don't pretend to  know if I am good or bad because some things Beck some things you do out there they can't be undone-"

"then talk about it! stop bottling this shit up we all did bad things. me, you, Miya we all did it-"

"Miya was good, she wouldn't-"

"fuck konnor stop being so preachy she was a survivor she'd do whatever she could why do you think she latched onto mason of all people?"

"she loved him-"

Beck shakes her head disagreeing.

"no one loves mason they just know he will keep them alive..."

Konnor goes to reply when someone walks in and nods to konnor.

"We got a problem?"

"what problem?" Konnor stares down the guy and the guy replies

"walkers..." 

"how many?" Konnorasks sounding worried and the man shakes his head.

"a horde, a big one. I think we need to contact mason."

"no, he can't know about this."

"but..." the man stutters out and konnor shakes this head not knowing where mason is.

"he can't..." The man walks away angry and beck asks sounding upset.

"you still haven't heard from him-"

"They can't know that they will get worried and think somethings wrong. it's not unlike mason to disappear he could be anywhere but when needs to be somewhere he always is-"

*********************************************************************************************

Mason stands there outside Alexandria and stares down the gates as he looks the wall over and whispers.

"soon..." he locks his lips smiling and hears the voice behind him.

"you sure?" Mason glances at Sebastian and nods his head.