Before Flashback Mason Part Two

Mason dials and hears a voicemail message as he sighs and hears Lexi.

"Still worried about her?"

"of course.." mason motions back and dials and again he gets a voicemail message as he sighs out and motions to Lexi.

"I need to find her."

"she dumped you."

mason walks down the hall and walks into a room eyeing his mother.

"mom..." his mother turns back filling her wine glass as she asks sounding happy.

"oh, so you landed? where have you been anyway? Do you know you missed your own engagement dinner?" his mother shifts and mason waves his hand as he sits down into a chair and his mother pours some wine motioning.

"have a drink" he takes the glass and his mother begins talking out loud as she comments.

"I have been trying to smooth things over for you but she won't even take my calls and I'm the parent she liked.." his mother shrugs her shoulders and mason rubs his eyes as he states.

"I'm gonna go upstate, find her."

"you're just going to show up at her parent's house?"

"I will leave her a voicemail before I do."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"it is fine mom. I'll be fine..." his mother shifts and stares down her son but sighs and leans down kissing his forehead.

"go get your future wife then-" she takes a sip of the wine and mason places his glass down as his mother asks.

"So where were you, anyway?"

"just business.." his mother rolls her eyes and mason fixes his suit and she turns her head.

"well, you may want to take a shower mason you stink.."

****************************************************************************************

Mason stops the car and hears lexi.

"you seriously are doing this? you cheated on her."

"I still care.." mason nods to Lexi and comments.

"don't mention what we did."

"I won't but-" mason glares to her and motions with his head.

"it was a fling lex, please." she nods her head and mason gets out of the car walking up to the house. he knocks loudly on the door hears some noise inside. he knocks again but Lexi glances around noticing something. she gets out of the car and yells out to him.

"something is off..." mason glances around and looks to his watch as he again knocks and an older man answers.

"mason?"

mason nods to the older man and states.

"where is beck?"

"no, she never showed up. I assumed she stayed in new york."

"in new york?" mason states and the man nods to mason.

"I assume she's waiting for you." mason rubs his mouth and lex comments.

"going to the city? that is insane right now." mason motions to her and the man comments.

"so you heard about it too huh? the news says the hospitals are overloaded. it is chaos.."

"I am sure she is fine. I will make sure to look out for her."

mason walks away and lex comments staring the young man down.

"Mason going to the city is insane, we don't know if it has progressed far yet..." mason motions to her as he comments.

"then don't come-"

"your father made it clear I should look out for you."

"then get in the car."

Mason drives down the road but hears some loud noises and goes to turn his radio but finds it hard to find a station. he sighs but stops on one tuning it in as he hears the reports.

"The doctors don't know what to make of this, they haven't seen anything like this..."

Mason grips the wheel and presses his foot on the gas as the person on the radio speaks

"A shelter in place order has gone into effect for the whole city-" mason turns off the radio and drives down the road turning towards a highway but sighs eyeing the congestion of cars.  he glances at the clock and rubs his eyes. slowly he takes out his phone and eyes the missed call and voicemail. he presses play and hears his father's voice.

"Mason, it's your father. look I want you to return here as soon as possible. I won't go into detail but it is here son, it has hit the US..."  mason places his phone back into his pocket and stares at the lock eyeing the time saying 5 pm. he rubs his eyes but hears some loud jets and gs out of his car along with a large group of other people who are all looking up. mason turns his head and stares down the jets as Lexi wakens and steps out of the car as she asks.

"mason?" she shifts her eyes to him and mason nods to her understanding as he speaks firm.

"We aren't taking the highway..." he gets back into the car and makes a u-turn going back onto the back roads as Lexi speaks firm with the younger man.

"I'm not sure if going to the city is a good idea."

"I know it is a stupid idea." mason says as he grips the wheel in his hand and stares forward. Lexi eyes him over as she asks outright.

"are you doing this out of guilt?"

Mason remains quiet and Lexi stares him over as she asks again.

"mason?" he shakes his head as he grips the wheel tighter but jams on his breaks as he eyes the pile-up of cars. Lexi turns her head and asks outright.

"what the hell is going on?"

"it's here..." mason states and Lexi asks.

"what do you mean?"

"what we saw. it is here now. it has come to the US." Lexi turns her head and asks.

"how long have you known?"

"It doesn't matter but I'm not going to New York to find beck. there are supplies there, lots of supplies."

"and people mason."

"yes."  mason nods his head and steps on the gas going around the cars and Lexi looks eyeing some people standing around as mason speeds up ignoring them. he turns down a long road and motions to it.

"It should lead right into the city.."

"then what?" Lexi asks and mason motions to her.

"I need to get a few things."