What we did Flashback Mason and Alex Part One

Alex collapses on top of a walker stabbing it in the face and breaths out feeling his hands dripping in blood. he screams out unsure of the direction mason went.

"Mason!"

"shut up." he hears a voice behind him and gets down eyeing mason with a knife jabbed into a walker's skull. mason motions in a direction sounding sure of himself when he speaks.

"A herd. I can smell it they are close."

"What should we do?"

"I know a community nearby at a hospital. they were a small group that could still be alive."

"can we get there?"

"let's hope so and let's get moving before we meet the herd. follow and stay quiet." Mason motions off and they walk off staying quiet and eventually coming to a clearing. Mason hears the noise behind them and motions to  Alex.

"Follow my lead this group they are always on edge of outsiders so just hold your weapon. don't be rash Alex." Mason walks with Alex up towards the old psychiatric hospital and stops outside. he stans there and Alex asks.

"what are you doing?" 

"Just wait." the doors open and two men walk out and snd there one glance over mason nd comments spitting by mason's foot.

"Reid?"

"yeh."

"Cassidy will want to see you."

the man motions forward and Alex goes to step nd the mn stares him down asking.

"will he be any  trouble?"

"he will be with me at all times. so, no, no trouble."

"I hope not you know how we deal with trouble here."

Mason takes  long swallow remembering and nods to the man

"it won't be an issue."

"let hope not."

Mason and Alex follow behind the two men into the psychiatric hospital and Alex hear some yelling and screaming he turns and mason motions to hi.

"Ignore it."

they walk forward and hear someone yell out

"walkers" lex grips his knife and mason hits him on the arm

"Not everyone here isn't dealing with a full deck. Alex, there isn't a walker in here." They keep walking forward and come to a door and mason knocks twice hearing a  female voice

"come in" he walks into the room and mason stands there staring the girl down and smirks to him motioning 

"hey cassy."

"don't hey me you  bastard." 

Mason licks his lips and Cassidy crosses her arms string down her old lover as she asks.

"ill be right back that's what you said mason." she licks her lips and comments "you never came back."

"I'm back now."

"oh and what for?" she sits back into the chair and feels the gun at her side as her hand twitches with rage and mason smirks as he comments

"you lookWhy are you here?"

"there's a herd coming by me though you all could use a hand-"

"that explains it you needed someone to hold up and cower like the snake you are mason."

"not cower, help out Cass. I care, that's why we are here."

Cassidy moves her eyes staring over the teenager and comments to the kid "don't trust this rat with anything kid he will throw you right in front of him-"