Together ( Twins Flashback) Part One

A young Alex sits at the table drawing a picture but hears a knock at the door and stares it down turning his head as he eyes his father walk down some the stairs and his dad nods to him.

"drawing buddy?"

He nods his head back to his father and his dad walks to the front door opening it.   Alex hears a voice speaking to his father in the distance.

"Sorry to stop by like this Doctor ..." Alex hears some mumbles and hears the door shut and watches his father step in with a girl and motions to her.

"This is Sally..." Alex turns back drawing again and Sally sits down next to him.

"We go to the same school..."

Alex nods drawing more trying to ignore the girl and she turns her head.

"what you drawing?"

He shifts his arm covering her view of the paper and she shifts her eyes trying to ger a glimpse and finally does seeing the tall figure shaded in black and asks.

"what's that?"

he stares down at the finished drawing and comments staring it over.

"the monster."

"what's the monster?" the girl laughs thinking its a  game but the boy glances up remaining serious.

"it took her..." the girl's voice lowers as she frowns.

"it took who?" Alex's father walks in and shuffle some games around but stops eyeing the picture.

"Alex..." his father speaks firmly and Alex glances up as his father crumbles the paper and motions to him.

"I said stop drawing that!" he glances watching his father walk out angry and Sally asks sounding upset.

"it's just a drawing..."

"no, they are real...." Alex glances up staring down Sally and she turns her head asking.

"Is this a game?" he shifts his eyes to the blank paper and closes his eyes remembering the monster and shakes his head watching it bite into his mother's arm. he flinches feeling the girl's hand placed on his arm as she asks. 

"are you okay?"

"fine..." Alex hears his dad in the other room and sneaks up listening to the phone call.

"honey, it is your husband. I just wanted to check in and let you know me and Alex got back to the states last night. just call me back when you can I know you felt sick I'm sure whatever this thing is will pass..." his father hangs up and Alex peeks up from the doorway and his dad turns his head as he asks.

"you okay?"

Alex nods his head "fine..."

his father motions off and Alex goes back to the living room and sits in a recliner turning on the TV thinking to himself as Sally asks.

"what do you mean it is real?"

"I saw it, it bit my mom..."

"bit her?" Sally says sounding frightened.

"yeah but dad says she will be fine..." Alex says sounding unsure and turns his head seeing the man in a suit on the TV. the man speaks firmly.

"We have nothing to fear the CDC is working day and night to combat this, well this virus..." 

"turn that off..." Alex's father turns off the tv and motions to it.

"that guy isn't a doctor, he's a politician..." His father motions to Alex and comments.

"don't trust politicians..." His father places the remote down and motions to the table.

"no more tv..." a pound occurs on the door and Alex's father walks to it and hears a voice.

"you're a doctor?"

"yes, why?"

"Good..."

Alex watches his father open the door and three men in military attire walk in. two of the men help the third man down onto the couch and Alex motions to them and his father's motions out.

"why don't you take Sally upstairs..."

"upstairs?"

"it's okay, she can go..." Sally and Alex go upstairs and Alex closes the door and sits on the floor with Sally as she asks.

"was that man sick?"

Alex shrugs his shoulders but hears screams and a loud gunshot downstairs. Alex turns opening the door and creeps down the steps eyeing the living room. he sees the man on the floor and glances at his father bleeding from the arm. his father glances p and then down at the bite and shakes his head as he stares down his son and motions to him.

"do you remember what I told you?"

Alex nods his head and his father motions to the two soldiers.

"it will happen like him to me. I will turn and not know anything I saw it. when we were overseas it's everywhere..." His father takes a deep breath motioning to his son.

"take the kids please. you have somewhere safe don't you?" 

the two men in military attire glance to each other and the one man with the higher rank nods to the father and speaks.

"yeah we were heading up to west point there is a school up there. I hear its safe..."

Alex's father motions to him and whispers.

"bring Sally with you and protect her Alex-"

"dad..." Alex stares down his father and his father gets to a knee staring him over as he speaks firm."

"you saw them, first son. you know what they will do but you survived and I know you will keep surviving..."

his father winches in pain and motions to the men.

"I don't want to be that..." He motions to the dead soldier on the floor and looks up as he states.

"I want it on my terms, now..." The soldier eyes the doctor and asks sounding unsure.

"you want us to shoot you?"

"yes..." Alex stands next to his father and his father motions to the men in the military attire as he speaks firm.

"they need to do this if I stay alive I could hurt someone..." he shifts his eyes back to his son and shakes his head.

"I couldn't live with myself if I did please, stop this before it happens..." the man begs the soldiers and the Sargents stares the civilian over and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry we don't know enough about this. I won't shoot you, sir...."

"please I know what happens next. I can't, I won't be one of those, those, things..." Alex's father looks to the side and thinks about his wife and turns back asking.

"Please..."

the Sargent goes to unholster his gun and his fellow soldier stops him.

"you can',t we don't know what will happen.." the Sargent nods agreeing and takes his hand off his gun and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry your son and daughter can come with us if they wish. when we get there we can contact you. when we settle down we can come back once we know more and get you-"

"by then I may not be myself.."

"if you are one of those things, sir, when we return I promise you we will put you down.." the man nods to Alex's father and Alex turns to his son as he motions to him.

"take sally with you.."

"dad..."

"Alex we both know what happens next we saw it, your mother..." Alex nods agreeing and his father takes a deep breath feeling the sting in his hand and motion to the men.

"they will protect you, both of you..." he looks up and the man nods to Alex's father.

"you have our word..."