After the community (Presley flashback) Part Four

Presley sits there staring at the empty table across from her and hears lewis off to the side.

"they'll be back don't worry about Konnor he is tough so is mace."

Presley shakes her head disagreeing and looks up to lewis.

"I want to go out there and make sure they are okay."

"mason said-"

"I know but I want to go."

she gets up grabbing a gun off of a nearby desk and lewis steps towards her.

"you're not gonna talk me out of this lewis." 

"Okay but it's dangerous out there I won't be there and-"

"I know but I am strong I just needed the push.  if they are in trouble they will need me."

"yeah..." lewis says not being convinced and nods to her.

"If that is what you want."

she walks out watching the gate close behind her and stares at the two guys standing overlooking the gate and one nods down to her.

"don't die."

she nods back and walks down the road feeling her body tense as she gets further away from safety. she stops hearing some noise and keeps her hand on her gun as she walks slowly down the empty street. she hears some whistles and her eys shift but she relaxes as they quiet down. Presley stops eyeing a dead walker and bends down whispering.

"it is fresh"

she eyes the bloody footprints and follows behind them but stops hearing screams but stumbles back hearing a loud horn beep out. she stops seeing the humvee stop and jay looks out. 

"Alright?"

she nods her head and jay motions back.

"got konnor. mason sent him back and we met up said mason won't be coming back for a few days."

the back window rolls down and konnor stares out at her.

"what are you doing?"

"I was worried"

"I'm fine ley.."

she remains quiet and konnor reads her behavior as his pulse quickens in anger.

"oh, about mason?"

he says his name sounding a bit angry and Presley shakes her head.

"about both of you, your sister is out there. about all of you."

"yeah..." Konnor nods his head not believing Presley cares about him and Presley bites her lip telling konnor.

"I want us to get married when I get back. I love you, konnor."

"maybe..." he rolls up the window and jay motions to her as he does the same and the car drives down the street as she bites her lip and whispers.

"I do, I just love him too."

as she follows the road she comes to a dirt path and follows it down to a wooded area. she checks her gun hearing the sound of walkers and swallows hard as she steps inside and makes her way towards the noise. she stops hearing sounds of mason speaking.

"You can't go back from this!"

a woman's voice replies.

"I'll live with it!"

she stops herself and peaks through some bushes at three men tied up and hears mason.

"honey what we do here what you do here may change you."