13

Mason stares forward feeling his stump sting in pain as he hears his father.

"you're lucky it wasn't infected or worse..."

Mason just stares forward ignoring his dad's speech and flinches when his dad places his hand on his arm and whispers to his son sounding kind.

"Alright?"

Mason nods his head and senator Reid comments.

"that girl who saved you that is very kind of her to do."

"she had her reasons none of them were kind."

"she saw an opportunity for her motives and it seemed to have worked out well for her. I hear the walkers were pulled back from the gates."

"it was a good action to do Myron needed to be dealt with."

"But why then son? you could have let him carry the plan out taken the commonwealth as you wanted then killed him."

"We deal with our problems when we find them out. leaving him alive would have just met the problem would grow. couldn't leave it to chance."

Mason sits back in the bed staring down his missing hand and feels his body grow warm with worry as his father asks.

"Are you gonna be okay, son?"

"I'll survive." Mason stare at his missing hand angry but remains silent and sits back in bed. 

"just get me a radio." his dad nods walking out of the room to find his son a radio and masons it's there silent.

                           *****************************************************************

Konnor leans over the rialing watching some kids play in the main hall of the estate but hears a voice behind him. 

"a group of people are at the gates, a family."

He nods to the man and walks down some steps with him and out the main doors. he stops at the gate that has been set up and reconstructed after the attacks many years before. he nods to the man and the gates open. Konnor stares out at the family remaining firm in his stance and eyes the woman, a man, and two younger kids. He strolls out to meet them and steps in front as the men on the wall look down keeping their guns raised as Konnor motions back.

"just for my protection. we keep people safe here.

"that's what it said..." the woman holds up a small flyer with some spray paint on it and looks over the symbol. he turns it over eyeing a small map and looks up.

"where'd you find this?"

"months ago. somewhere in New York. it told us to head towards DC, towards salvation." the man nods to Konnor and Konnor stares down at the piece of paper remaining quiet as he asks sounding unsure. 

"new york?"

He thinks to himself and notices the spray paint on it and looks back up to the family.

"well, might as well get you all some food. a long way form new york, huh?"

he grins and motions in letting the people follow behind him and the two men on the wall look to each other one nodding to the other as the gate closes shut. Beck comes down the front steps eyeing over the family and smiles at them and nods.

"Welcome to the estate, I am Beck, and I am sure Konnor here forget to introduce himself-"

"we-" another man comes down the steps and stops staring the family over.