Chapter 2

-Inez POV-

"Yeah we were supposed to move in two weeks but it got changed to four fucking days, can you believe it?" I won't even be here for the last day of school, I'm so annoyed by it" I said to my best friend, Angela on the phone. 

"Okay but you're lowkey lucky like you don't have to suffer through like two more weeks of school" she replied.

"True, unless my mom makes me start school over there, which would be kinda stupid" I replied.

"Yeah... hey are you gonna break up with Damien since you're gonna be moving away" Angela asked innocently.

I hesitated to reply but she was my best friend after all her so why would I have to lie to her about my relationship?

"Yeah we decided to long distance, we really just don't want to let four months go to waste, you know? Why you asking?" I replied.

"Oh no reason... Just wondering you know, it'd kinda hard to maintain a relationship like that" she said bitterly.

Does she like Damien!? I thought to myself

"Oh.. not for us I guess" I replied calmly.

We talked until 6am when my mom knocked on my door.

"Oh I got to go, call you back in a couple hours" I said to Angela.

"Oh okay, bye" she said, then hung up.

"Come in" I called out to my mom who I'm pretty sure was eavesdropping into Angela and Is conversation.

"Inez when I said I wanted you to pack up I meant it" my mom said to me, looking disappointed.

"Okay whatever" I replied with an attitude.

"Don't talk to me like that Inez, get ready before you're late to school" she said to me in a serious tone.

"It doesn't even matter at this point I have like four days of school left" I said shrugging my shoulders.

My mom ignored my last comment and slammed the door shut, I got ready quickly then headed out to the car.

When I arrived to school, I sat down at my usual table of friends in my first period to tell them that I was moving, we all hugged each other goodbye, my phone started ringing I checked the I.D. caller and of course it was my mom, I rolled my eyes as I picked up her call.

"Hey Inez so I just got a call um... look try to stay calm but they changed the flight again and we're going to leave tomorrow night" she said calmly.

"What!? No! I didn't want to leave in four days, least of all in a couple of hours" I exclaimed into the phone.

I turned around to look at my friends before hanging up on my mom.

"Im leaving tomorrow night" I blurted out, they all gasped and hugged me tightly, I ended up crying my eyes out in their arms.

At the end of the day I hugged them all tightly knowing that'd be the last time I'd see them for a couple years, My boyfriend, Damien came up to me and we talked for a couple of minutes about our little memories and laughed together about them, when it was my time to go we hugged each other tightly and he promised to call and text me everyday, I slowly backed away from him and gave him one last look I smiled at him then waved goodbye, crying a bit, I ran to my mom's car and got in, as she drove away from my school I waved goodbye to my friends and boyfriend again.