Chapter 22

[Alejandro in the Media]

~ Tuesday, 1:00 pm ~

Today seemed to be a normal day, the sun was out, the sky was blue, the cloud seemed like big fluffy cotton candy, and the birds and tiny insects chirped happily, it all seemed out of an old 90's movie.

I chilled in my bed with Alejandro while the sun shone through the open window, letting the cool summer breeze into my room.

I felt Alejandro rub my back softly while he concentrated on the TV.

I laid my head on his chest and watched the TV too but I had zoned out and started thinking about Mattia.

"So why do you want to do that small get together?" Alejandro asked.

"No reason I just want to hang out even if Mattia's girl has to be there too" I shrugged.

"Are you jealous?" Alejandro asked, catching me off guard.

"Why would I be?" I asked him sitting up and looking at him.

"Because I know you used to like him" Alejandro replied not looking away from the TV.

"Okay.. but now I like you and have forgotten about Mattia" I shrugged.

"You sure?" Alejandro questioned finally looking away from the TV and making eye contact.

Now I wish he had stayed looking at the TV because I started to feel guilty as his soft, loving eyes looked right at me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Mm," Alejandro hummed looking back at the TV.

"Did someone tell you something?" I asked him.

"No... why?" He asked.

"No reason" I replied.

"Are you hiding something?" Alejandro asked.

"No, and what's up with all these questions?" I asked him, getting suspicious.

"I dunno" He replied.

I finally reached out for the remote control and turned off the TV.

"Hey! I was watching" Alejandro said sitting up.

"No, we need to talk..." I replied.

"What?" He asked.

"I feel you don't trust me," I said sincerely.

"Why?" Alejandro asked.

"What do you mean 'why' you just asked me so many random questions out of the blue" I replied.

"Okay look I just feel insecure around you and just dating you overall," Alejandro said he then reached for the remote control but I pulled it away.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because... I feel you still like Mattia and are just using me" Alejandro said.