Chapter 29

[Mattia in the Media]

~ The Next Day, After Court ~

"I can't believe this bitch got away with it!" Yesenia yelled.

"It's only cuz her parents are rich enough to get her a good lawyer" I replied.

"Still! That bitch fucking attempted murder all because Mattia left her crazy ass" Yesenia replied

We drove home with my mom and Yesenia in the backseat ranting to herself about how Kayla was released with probation for 8 months.

When we got home I called Mattia and Alejandro to inform them about Kayla's "punishment", to say the least, they were PISSED.

They weren't able to make it to court since they had a soccer game two cities over.

Me and Yesenia sat on my bed quietly using our phones until I spoke.

"Now I'm scared for school to start," I said.

"Why?" Yesenia asked looking away from her phone and at me.

"Kayla hates me and so do 4 other girls that I don't even know the names of, I'm gonna end up dead in a janitor's closet," I said.

"No, you will not. We'll be there for you and if any bitch tries you we'll beat their ass, okay?" Yesenia replied.

"Alright," I replied.

"Let's invite the girls over?" Yesenia asked.

"Yeah, I'll call them" I replied.

•15 minutes later•

"It's been forever since we all hung out together," Dylan said as she stepped into my room.

"Yeah... The drama really got in the way of everything" Emily said.

"I almost forgot how your room looked," Aliyah said as she looked around my room.

"It feels good to have my room crowded with you guys again though," I said and smiled.

"Kairi said the same thing" Aliyah smirked.

"Tmi" I mumbled then laughed.

We sat on my floor with music blasting and screaming along to the lyrics.

"I was wondering maybe can I have back my baby? If I did something special would that make me look crazy?" We screamed at the top of our lungs.

We "sang" until one of my grouchy neighbors came to the door and started yelling at us to quiet down since it was past 9 pm.

We just chilled in my room for the rest of the night, talking and watching shows on Netflix.

The Next Morning, 11:00 am•

The girls went home an hour ago but we were supposed to meet up again at this random location at around 4 pm so in the meantime I decided to invite Mattia over.

I took a quick shower and then brushed my teeth, I put my hair in a quick ponytail after brushing it.

I put on an oversized hoodie and my Adidas shorts then waited for Mattia.

I heard the doorbell rang and ran downstairs, I opened the door, greeted him with a quick hug and then let him in.

"Hey," Mattia said as he stepped inside.

"Hey" I replied and then started walking up the stairs.

Suddenly Mattia grabbed me by my arm and put my back against the wall, he hovered over me with a smirk across his face.

"Mattia what are you doing?" I asked breathlessly.

"Just watch" He whispered in my ear.

He grabbed me by my jaw and crashed our lips together, our kiss quickly turned into a full-blown make out at the staircase.

He tapped my thigh signaling me to jump, I did as I was told and he held me against the wall while still kissing me.

I felt his pack poke against my area causing me to moan softly into our kiss.

Suddenly, the front door flew open and there stood Kayla.

"Fuck" Mattia whispered as he slowly put me down.

Kayla looked at us with the scariest look I've ever seen on a human.

She slowly pulled out a gun, not any gun though, this bitch had a fucking hunting rifle.

"Oh, she crazy crazy" I whispered.

She pointed it at me and smiled devilishly.

"Fucking RUN!" I yelled and ran up the rest of the stairs.

"Where the fuck we do we go?" Mattia asked.

I dragged him into the bathroom by his arm, I slammed the door shut and quickly locked it just as I saw Kayla turn the corner towards us.

"Let me the fuck in you slut!" She yelled as she bang on the door.

"Open the window!" I whispered to Mattia.

He quickly ran to the window and smoothly slid it open.

"LET ME IN!" She kept yelling and kicking the doorknob.

Mattia got out the window and on the roof, I quickly followed behind him.

I turned around and slammed the window shut.

"Now what?" I asked.

"I'm gonna call the cops" Mattia replied as he pulled his phone out of his short's pocket.

He quickly dialed 9-1-1 as we got as far away from the bathroom as possible.

Just as we heard sirens in the distance we heard glass shattering, my heartbeat quickened as I tried to keep my breathing steady.

I heard footsteps closing in on us but so were the sirens.

Next, I felt the barrel of a gun put against my head and the world seemed to slow down right in front of me, everything was a slow-moving blur.

I saw as cop arrived at the front of my house in slow motion, their car's lights flashing a little too brightly.

I then heard a loud gunshot next to me, I saw as blood splatter splashed all over me.

The last thing I heard was a bloody murder scream before I blacked out completely.