Chapter 35

[Mattia in the Media]

~ The Next Day, 6:30 pm ~

I waited outside for Mattia to pick me up so we could go to Alejandro's party, despite our weird encounter yesterday I still wanted to see Alejandro and talk to him, maybe I could find out what was going on with him.

As we parked at the curb I snapped myself out of my thoughts and got out of the car. Mattia and I walked into Alejandro's house.

The smell of alcohol and weed hit us as soon as we got to the doorway, Mattia quickly grabbed my hand and walked us to the kitchen.

There were couples with their tongue down each other's throats all over the kitchen, I resisted gagging and then made Mattia come to the living room with me.

A Jacquees song blasted in the background as I tried to find Alejandro, Mattia suddenly stopped me.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom real quick, be right back" He yelled.

I nodded and watched as he disappeared into a hallway a couple feet away from me.

I turned around and kept looking for Alejandro. When I finally saw him and made eye contact with him, he looked somewhere else and sped walked away.

I rolled my eyes in frustration and quickly followed behind him, I am NOT gonna have drama on the first day of school because of Alejandro.

I caught up to him and pulled him by his arm, he looked at me but then fixed his stare down on his shoes.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked him.

"I'm not" He shrugged while keeping his gaze to the floor.

"Look at me," I commanded.

"What" He replied looking up at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, my voice softening.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He shrugged.

"You are avoiding me and acting weird" I replied.

He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to his porch upfront, he closed the door behind me and shoved his hands into his jean pockets.

"Explain," I said.

"It hurts," He said leaning on the wall.

"What does?" I asked.

"This... Seeing you happy with Mattia, I can't deal with it" He explained.

"But you're with Yesenia" I replied.

"Yes, so? I'm still in love with you, and I just can't look at you in the eyes because it just reminds me that all you did was lie to me, you made me fall over heels for you just so that I could come to find out that you were just using me, all those kisses, hugs, cuddles, smiles, laughs, and memories were all part of your game to get with my best friend but despite that I still want you back..." He confessed as his eyes started to water.

"Ale... I'm sorry, I-I didn't know you felt that way... I don't know what to say..." I replied.

"Why do I do this to myself?" He asked me as he looked at me, I guess it was a genuine question then.

"It's not your fault, it's mine, I don't know what was going through my head when I was using you like that... I'm sorry, I know that won't fix anything but... I..." My voice trailed off as I started to choke on my own tears, my throat ached and burned.

"I just want you back," He said as his voice cracked, tears slowly started to roll down his cheeks.

I stared at him as he cried while looking at me too, I was just trying to be strong for him, for now, until I get home.

He stepped closer to me, towering over me. I looked up at him and gulped quietly. He slowly placed his hand on my cheek, I grabbed his wrist with my hand, we stayed like that for a couple of moments until I finally started to slowly pull my own hand down, making him do the same to his hand.

"I'm sorry," He said shaking his head and stepping back.

"No, it's... fine" I replied.

"I should head back inside," He said, and with that, he turned around and left me outside on my own, with confused thoughts.

A/N: All I've got to say is... Yiketh🥴