Chapter 28

[Kayla in the Media]

~ The Next Day ~

I sat at the doorsteps as I waited for Mattia to pick me up from my house so we could go for a drive with Alejandro and Yesenia.

When he finally arrived with Alejandro and Yesenia I ran to the car and sat on the passenger side of the car.

"Hey guys, hey babe," I said greeting them and kissing Mattia on the cheek.

"Hey, Inez" Alejandro and Yesenia said in sync.

"Hey, babe" Mattia replied.

No, we aren't official.

Mattia drove away from my house.

"What song y'all want me to play?" Mattia asked us as he held up the aux cord.

"Lemme see that," Yesenia said snatching it out of his hand and plugging it into her phone.

She blasted Otro Trago by Sech ft. Darell.

I, Alejandro, and Yesenia started screaming the lyrics out the window as Mattia tried to keep up.

"Wannabe Mexican" I laughed teasing him.

"Man shut up because I'd say the same thing about you and your Italian side" Mattia replied.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"As a matter of fact, lemme play one of my Italian songs," Mattia said and then unplugged the aux cord from Yesenia's phone.

He played an Italian song it was familiar since I'm pretty sure I heard Cameron playing it a couple times before.

"E quante volte ho detto sono pazzo di te"  Mattia sang along in Italian

I tried to keep up but I could barely even finish one word before we were onto a new verse.

"Fine, you win! Just take this off I want to listen to one of my Spanish songs and in my defense, I'm only like 25% Italian" I laughed.

"I never take an L, never" Mattia smirked at me.

"You've taken multiple L's with me but okay" I replied.

"But here you are, in my car, kissing my cheek and shit" Mattia shrugged.

I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever" I replied playfully.

We drove for another hour while talking and playing Spanish and Italian music.

We finally arrived at a small opening surrounded by tall evergreen trees, Mattia parked the car and got out.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"Dunno" He shrugged and walked off into the trees.

I looked back at Yesenia and Alejandro.