Chapter 37

[Inez in the Media]

~ The Next Day, 3:00 pm ~

-Mattia's POV-

I laid in bed, high off weed and alone with my sad thoughts about Inez.

A part of me knew I should've let her explain herself instead of storming off the way I did but I could already tell by the way she reacted that her explanation was just gonna be a bunch of bullshit and I didn't want to waste my time any longer.

I slowly lifted myself off the bed and looked at myself in the mirror in my bathroom, my eyes were red and puffy from crying and there were long tears stains from my watery eyes to the edge of my chin, great.

I wish I would've known that this was gonna happen, she wouldn't have done all of that with Alejandro if she didn't actually have feelings for him.

I started to think about Yesenia, not in the way, but the fact that she probably had no idea her boyfriend was cheating on her with her best friend... it's funny if you think about it because what Inez is doing right now was what caused her and Damien's break up, how the tables have turned.

I sat on my bathroom counter and pulled my phone out of my pocket, I decided I was going to tell Yesenia the truth about her relationship with Alejandro, she deserves to know the truth.

I paused my sad music and started to school through my contacts, I stopped at Yesenia's right under her name was Inez's number, I looked at it and sighed out loud, love sucks.

I clicked on Yesenia's number and started to tell her what had happened, I sent her the text and put my phone down on the counter.

As I waited for Yesenia to answer I decided to wash my face so the fact I had been crying since I got home yesterday would be less apparent.

When I finally heard my phone ding, telling me that Yesenia had answered, I picked my phone up and saw Yesenia's text 'I should've known' her text read, I left her on seen so she could go deal with Alejandro.

After a couple of minutes, I decided to shower, I smelled of sweat and sorrow. When I hopped out of the shower I put on a pair of grey sweats, plain a white T-Shirt, and some black socks, I wasn't going to wear shoes since I was pretty sure I wasn't going out today.

Just as I laid back down on my bed my phone started ringing, I checked the caller I.D., Alejandro, I decided to pick up his call for some reason.

"What the fuck Mattia!" I heard him yell as soon as I answered.

"You know a sorry first would've been nice" I replied, sarcastically.

"Sorry!? Sorry for what? Me and Inez didn't do shit! I was there to apologize to her" He kept yelling at me through the phone.

"Stop bull shitting me" I growled.

"No one is bull shitting you Mattia! You're so insecure and paranoid that I and Inez still have something going on that you just pushed her away and hurt her badly... Congrats" Alejandro said.

"You're a manipulative ass bitch" I replied.

"You know what Mattia? Fuck you, you just lost one of the best girls out here because you're paranoid, what you do after this is not on me anymore, now excuse me while I go talk shit out with my baby girl and give her the true story, let's see if she is a real one by believing me, unlike you" Alejandro said harshly before hanging up.

Beep beep beep

I heard the phone say as I stood still with it still next to my ear, I sighed deeply and then threw my phone on my bed.

As I laid in bed I started to repeat Alejandro's words in my head, over and over again, was I really just paranoid? Or was I right? Why do I do this to myself?

I sat up and put my head in my hands, what now? I lost Inez... or maybe I didn't... should I call her? Would she answer? She probably already has me blocked and is making out with Alejandro in her bedroom.

I stared at my phone, I picked it up and went to my gallery, I scrolled through the pictures of me and Inez together, the day we became official, our dates, group pictures, and some that I had even forgotten about, my eyes started to water as I kept scrolling through the pictures, had that angel of a girl really cheated on me?.

I kept scrolling through our pictures until I built up the courage to click on our messages, now what? I text her? What do I say? Hi? I'm sorry? I messed up? A paragraph? WHAT!

I sighed deeply and started typing in a simple "Hello" but quickly deleted it, that's too... friendly, she is still kinda my girlfriend after all... I think, is she my girlfriend???

I shook my head to clear up my thoughts, I kept looking at our old messages and then finally gave up on the text and simply called her... like a whole dumb ass.

To my surprise, she picked my call up quite quickly, I choked on my words as I tried to greet her, I didn't realize how fast my heart was beating until I heard her soft, sad voice say a quiet "Hello".

"Hi?" I replied.

"What?" She asked, her voice totally drained of energy.

"I'm... I don't..." I struggled to talk.

What the fuck do I say!?

"What?" She repeated herself.

"Inez..." I said nothing came out after that.

"Are you calling me to accuse me of sleeping with Kairi too? Are you gonna go and lie to Aliyah about me and Kairi too? Or who's gonna be next? Bianca and Mariano?" She said aggressively.

"No... Inez... I.... look... Um" I stuttered.

We both stayed silent as I kept struggling to talk or say something to get this conversation going.

"Look Mattia I have to go, goodnight," She said before hanging up.

Well fuck.

I was left with my words in my throat and my heart broken, I huffed in frustration and just laid back down, today was one shitty ass day.

A/N: Y'all have been bullying my Milly Rock, soooo *Dabs* 😗✌🏽