Chapter 36

[Mathia & Alejandro in the Media]

~ The Next Morning, 11:00 am ~

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in my own room, I looked around and saw nobody. I checked my phone but of course, it was dead, I plugged it into its charger and got out of bed.

I walked into the bathroom and took a shower, I let the warm water hit me as I thought back to Alejandro's party yesterday, I don't know what to do, I can't change his feelings towards me and neither can he.

All the guilt of what I had done to him came back to me when I saw the way he looked at me with his sad, hurt puppy eyes.

I stepped out of the shower and walked back into my bedroom, I changed into a basic outfit and sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked on Alejandro and I's messages, I scrolled through them slowly, reading every single one of them as I slightly laughed at the memories.

I got out of those messages and went into Mattia and I's messages, I read them quietly while I blushed and smiled.

Suddenly, I heard someone knocking on the front door, I glanced at my doorway and rolled my eyes as I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Great timing" I muttered, annoyed.

I shut off my phone and tossed it on my bed, I got up and walked downstairs, I opened the door and saw Alejandro there.

He gave me a small, innocent smile. I smiled back at him but raised an eyebrow as I did so.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you and um say something" He replied.

"Okay?" I replied.

"I.. I'm sorry for last night, I know it must've fucked with your head, It's okay if you're with Mattia... I..." His voice trailed off, it seemed like he couldn't find his words.

"Do you wanna talk inside?" I asked him.

"Yeah, please, I feel awkward" He replied.

I stepped aside and he walked into my house, I got a whiff of his cologne as he walked past me, making me smile softly.

I closed the door behind him and then turned to look at him, giving him my undivided attention.

Suddenly, he stepped closer to me and put his hand under my chin, he crashed our lips together, catching me off guard.

I pushed him away and stepped backward, looking at him with a shocked expression.

"Alejandro what the fuck! I'm your best friend's girlfriend!" I yelled at him.

"Oh, now that matters to you!? It didn't seem to matter when you used me to make that same best friend jealous" He yelled back.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, I sighed deeply and looked down at the floor as I felt Alejandro's stare right on me.

"Fuck" I whispered.

Next, there was a loud knock at the front door, making me and Alejandro turn our attention to the door.

I walked to it and opened it, and just with my luck, it was Mattia.

These motherfuckers are setting me up I swear.

"What," I said trying my best to not open the door all the way to hide Alejandro from Mattia.

"I wanted to come and see you" He replied with a smile.

"I'm busy..." I replied.

Mattia gave me a confused expression, I tried to hide my guilt with a smile.

"Nah, what's up with you," He said with his arms crossed.

"Noth-"

Mattia interrupted me and forcefully pushed the door open to the point where he could look inside and there stood Alejandro, at the bottom of the staircase.

Fuck fuck fuck.

Mattia looked down at me with the same deadly expression he had given Kayla at my get-together just a few weeks ago.

"I should've known," He said.

"Mattia look... I swear it's not what you think it is" I said defensively.

"Oh, so my best friend and girlfriend aren't at her house, alone, doing God knows what?" He said sarcastically.

"We weren't doing anything bad," I insisted.

"Yeah whatever, I should've known you were lying to me about Alejandro this whole time. Fuck you" He said and then walked away from my house.

Tears blurred my vision as I saw Mattia get further and further down the street.

I turned to look at Alejandro, anger building up inside of me. He looked back at me with a worried expression.

"I'm..." His voice trailed off.

"Get the fuck out," I said in between gritted teeth.

"Lemme-"

"Get the fuck out!" I yelled at him.

He nodded and walked out the front door without saying another word.

I slammed the door shut behind him and sluggishly flopped down on my couch, crying uncontrollably.

A/N: *Milly Rocks*