Chapter 38

[Inez in the Media]

~ The Next Day, 5:00 pm ~ - Mattia's POV -

I held my phone in my hands as I sat on the edge of my bed, I turned it off and on multiple times, debating on whether to call Inez again or not.

At last, I swallowed all my fears and pride and started dialing Inez's number, I silently hoped that she wouldn't pick up my call because my hands started to sweat and my heart's beat quickened.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Inez! Hi!" I replied.

"Okay... so s-second try... uh" I forced out my words.

"Mattia if you just called me to fucking prank me with stutters just block me," Inez said impatiently.

"No.. I didn't, I promise... I'm just having a bit of difficulty" I replied, desperately.

"Then hurry up because I have to explain the real story to Yesenia since she just yelled at me about being a fake friend all because of you," Inez said nonchalantly.

"Inez... I'm sorry, I let my fears get in the way of the truth, which is that you didn't do shit Alejandro yesterday... He told me he was just there to apologize, about what? I don't know but at this point, I really don't care, I just want to be good with you again, it hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours and I already miss you like hell, I'm sorry that I let my insecurities and paranoia ruin us like this, I just want you back" I said sincerely.

I heard Inez's soft giggle, making me smile and giggle like a small child too.

"You're so soft, it's cute" Inez laughed.

"Shut up and tell me I'm forgiven because I miss you" I replied, laughing too.

"You're forgiven but on two conditions" She replied.

"What are they?" I asked.

"You don't jump to conclusions about me and Alejandro like that ever again, and you help me explain to Yesenia the truth because she's just as stubborn and hard-headed as you" She replied.

"I will, I promise" I replied, happily.

I heard her giggle again.

"I'll be at your house in a couple of minutes, let me call Ale again though," I said.

"Okay, I'll be here waiting for you" She replied.

I hung up and started to call Alejandro, "please answer", I whispered to myself.

"What?" Alejandro answered.

"Ale... I'm sorry" Was all I said.

"Inez knocked some sense into you?" He asked, jokingly.

"Kinda..." I replied.

"Well I'm glad y'all good," He said.

"Yeah... can I ask you something?" I asked him.

"Yeah, go ahead" He replied.

"What were you apologizing to Inez for?" I asked him.

He stayed quiet at my question.

"Hello?" I said.

"Mattia I don't think I can..." He replied, making me frustrated.

"Just tell me, Alejandro?" I asked again.

"At my party... I had one too many drinks and said some stuff to her... I practically told her I was jealous of your guy's relationship and some other things and I just wanted to say sorry for fucking with her head like that" He replied, his voice became calm but also saddened.

"Why can't you just be happy for me? I supported you and didn't try to confess my feelings to Inez when you guys were together, I just watched as you, my best friend, had my girl in his arms" I said.

"I know I'm sorry Mattia... I don't know what came over me... It's better if we just stop being friends honestly" He stated.

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"It's for the best man..." Alejandro replied.

"Nah fuck that... I get the situation is difficult but that doesn't mean we gonna cut each other off" I said.

"So what do we do? I obviously still like Inez despite the fact I'm dating one of her best friends... Why am I like this?" He asked.

"Look, Ale, I'm gonna be honest with you, It bothers me hella that you still like Inez but I know you can't help it, trust me, I've been there before, but you kinda fucked up for doing Yesenia like that" I explained.

"I know but sometimes I just can't help it, I'm sorry bro, I'll have to stop this shit and focus on the one who's truly for me which is Yesenia" Alejandro replied, I could tell he was smiling hard as he spoke about her.

I don't get this kid.

"You crazy I swear" I laughed.

"Eh, I know" He laughed too.

"Aye, I'll talk to you later, I have to go over to Inez's soon" I stated.

"soon, that's cool, talk you to you later" He replied.

We said our quick goodbyes and then hung up.

A/N: The Milly Rocks are back *Milly Rocks*