Chapter 21

[Mattia in the Media]

~ The Next Day, 3:00 pm ~

It seems like me and Alejandro are now a couple and it looks like Mattia and Kayla are also a couple, I guess this is the happily ever after I longed for since I got here... but it doesn't feel all that happy.

I quietly walked down the street while scrolling through random snap chat stories when I saw Damien's, he had finally gone back to Arizona, next, there was a video of him and Angela making out, I rolled my eyes and just clicked past his story.

I can't believe I ever liked that.

I kept scrolling until I got to Mattia's story, he had posted his and Kayla's hands interlocked, it was just a quick three-second video.

Is this really his happily after? Where's mine?

I walked into a small thrift store I had been going to since my first week here, it made me feel relaxed and just helped relieve all of my stress and tension, and that's exactly what I wanted at this moment... until I saw Mattia and Kayla flirting at the counter.

This bitch works here!?

I looked down at my phone and pretended to not notice them, I walked in the opposite direction and hid in the weird antique dolls section.

Why do I have to see him everywhere!

I paced back and forth between four aisles debating on whether to stay in the store, in this aisle, hiding or to just walk out while using my phone and hope that none of them noticed me.

Ugh this is so extra

I decided to finally walk out while using my phone and not looking up even once until I was down the street.

I sighed deeply as I walked, maybe I went too far? Maybe he went too far? Did I really lose him? Or did he lose me? Did we lose each other? Do I really want Alejandro? What do I want? Fuck! I'm overthinking.

I came to an abrupt stop and looked around the street I was at, to my right there was just a bunch of almost-empty small shops, to my right was an entrance to a random neighborhood, I looked behind me.

Where do I go now?

I decided to go down the random neighborhood when I saw Aliyah, Yesenia, and Kairi sitting on a house's curb.

"Aliyah" I called out, I hadn't seen her in a while and kinda missed her.

She looked up and her face lit up when she saw me, she got up and rushed over to me then gave me a big bear hug.

"I missed you, I haven't seen you in weeks, where have you been?" Aliyah asked as she released me.

"Dealing with the bullshit drama" I shrugged.

"Oh! Are you and Mattia finally together!? He's like your soul mate" She exclaimed happily.

"Uh well..." I started.

The big smile she had quickly disappeared into a confused expression.

"We didn't work out I guess... I'm dating Alejandro..." I explained feeling really awkward.