Chapter 10

(Emily in the Media)

~ 1 week later ~

I and Mattia I hadn't talked since the whole situation at his party, on another hand, I and the girls hung out almost every day with Damien.

We were all playing basketball in a nearby park when Mattia and his friends arrived at the park too, all of Mattia's friends besides Alejandro gave me and Damien a death eye.

"We should go," I said, turning around to face my friends.

"Why? Because those guys came here?" Aliyah asked while glaring at them.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"Fuck them," Aliyah said shrugging.

She got up from the bench and snatched the ball away from me and hurled it in Mattia's friends' direction.

My friends and I gasped in shocked and watched as the ball hit Alvaro on the side of the face then rolled in front of Kairi.

Run!?

Kairi picked it up and walked towards Aliyah with it.

"Here," He said calmly while holding the ball out to Aliyah. 

"Thanks" Aliyah mumbled, ashamed.

After a couple of moments of awkward silence, my group decided to leave the park and go back to my house.

"Okay, but did y'all ever notice that Kairi got really cute since Sophomore year?" Aliyah asked while laying down on my bed.

"Ew! Alvaro is the cute one from their group" Emily said laughing.

"They're all annoying and problematic," Damien said annoyed.

"Okay but when Aliyah threw the ball at Alvaro's face.. that was so badass," Dylan said while laughing.

"I was aiming at Mattia's face" Aliyah replied then laughed along with Dylan.

We all laughed together while remembering that moment at the park. 

"I didn't think you were capable of that," Yesenia said.

"Same, like it, was so random" Bianca laughed agreeing.

"It wasn't that random we all know Aliyah doesn't give a fuck about rules," I said shrugging and giggling.

"Awe thanks I know I'm a badass" Aliyah replied, sassing.

After a couple of hours of chatting endlessly, all the girls left my house.

•7:00pm•

Me and Damien decided to go out to a nearby ice cream shop for a small date.

When we went inside we sat at a two-person table next to a window and both ordered what we wanted.

As we waited for our ice cream Mattia walked into the shop with Alejandro.

Just my damn luck

I stared at both of them in a bit of shock but mostly dread, Damien saw that I was staring at something so he turned around to look at the boys too, his jaw tightened and his eyes got dark