4: Morning

Do people like long chapter?

Raven

"Shhhhh, you're okay, you're okay baby." I muttered into Sienna's ears rocking her back and forth as she slowly woke up from her nightmare. "Your safe remember." Placing a gentle kiss on her forehead I took a deep breath needing to keep my emotion down to focus on my girl.

Sienna nodded against my chest as I rubbed her spine up and down. It was just around seven in the morning, the usual time to be up. I have been up since six feeding the animals and turning them out and had come running when I heard her nightmare.

I didn't have to ask what her nightmare was about, it was always the same. Reaching over I grabbed the hearing aids that were off to the side for her, she could hear a bit without their help but because of that man she feels too nervous to take her hearing seriously without them. She wasn't fully deaf but needed their help for distance and only up close when she is panicking.

"Do you want to lead Godfrey in the swimming pond for me this morning?" I asked her to help her remember where she is currently lives; safe and happy.

My brave girl nodded against my chest sitting up, "Can I?"

"As long as you listen to instructions you can do it. Godfrey likes you. Plus, Tatt's working today so maybe you can make money off his swearing" She jumped out of bed running to change into her jeans and boots. The nightmare forgotten.

I chuckled as she rushed into her clothing almost falling over countless times before getting up to make breakfast. An egg sandwich later and we were out the door, my eyes spotting Tatt's truck already parked in front of the barn and my ears picking up on the sound shavings hitting a stall door to muck them out.

There was something about that man that drew so many questions from me; I wanted to know about him. He could be dangerous just that. The fact that in order to get to know him I may have to let my guard down and no hot biker will do that.

Sienna ran ahead heading into the barn, "Tatt, you're on time today."

Rounding the corner into the barn I see Sienna standing on a hay barrel looking into the stall Tatt was cleaning, "well little darlin' didn't want to face your wrath." He gave her a wink before turning to see me, "morning Raven."

"Tatt, you look like you had some fun last night." The hot man did look like he was so hungover it was almost comical.

He shrugged leaning against the walk of the stall, "life of a biker darlin', say the word and I'll bring you along."

I rolled my eyes shaking my head at his antics. "If you need coffee there's some in the kitchen and Advil in the tack room. Don't need you being a zombie in a horse farm. Did you see the list I put up for you in there? Thought it might be easier if you had a task list in cases I'm out with the horses." I replied standing next to Sienna as she bounced on the balls of her feet. Just because there was something about Tatt that made me want him out from the way he makes me react doesn't mean I will be a bitch to him.