40: Our Biker Boy

Double posted tonight!

Raven

"And he's calling me the queen of meannnnnnnn." Sienna was belting out the new Disney song as we drove back from our boxing club, maybe I should be worried that she is singing a song by a Disney villain but they tend to have better stories anyway.

Hearing a rumble that sounded like a motorcycle my thoughts drifted to Tatt, I thought about him all last night and I am no closer to knowing the right thing to do. I want him, my daughter wants him in our life's but take another risk?

"Mommy? Why are there motorcycles in front of the barn?" Shaking away the thoughts I looked closely ahead at what she was talking about seeing cars and bikes parked in front of the barn and the house, dread filling me not sure what to think.

I am not ready to see Tatt, it killed me telling him I couldn't trust him with another chance and now he is here? Driving slowly up to the house to park I began to brace myself, I was about to tell Sienna to stay in the car but it was too late she had already jumped out to walk into the barn.

Hopping out of the truck I headed into the barn to find Sienna, finding her quickly standing in front of Tatt. Walking beside her I wrapped an arm around her shoulder I stared at the man we saw just yesterday, barely recognizing that the rest of the club was out in the fields with a small party. But at the moment it was the three of us in the barn.

"Hey Tatt, what's going on?" I asked secretly happy he came back, it shows he cares and that maybe it would be safe to trust him again.

He gave us both a smile. "I am back to talk to you ladies again, to explain myself and prove that I am here for you till the end."

Before I could say something Sienna took a step forward to Tatt. "You promised." Sienna whispered, "you promised you wouldn't hurt mommy, you promised you would always be there but you left. Tell me again why?"

Tatt looked to me before taking a step forward and kneeling in front of Sienna with a small smile, "because I was scared. Someone came after you because of me and I didn't know how to handle it. So, I ran thinking that was the right choice, that it would protect you but it did nothing but rip my heart from my chest. I love your mom and I love you. And I hope that I can prove that love for the rest of my life. Happy birthday Sienna."

Sienna looked back at me, "it's okay baby." I whispered back making her quirk her mouth and look over to Tatt again.

"It won't be that easy. You promised that you wouldn't hurt my mom yet she cried over you. We both needed you and you ran away. You may say you are back now but I don't trust you with my mom." My heart broke hearing Sienna say those words, not because it meant that it would get in the way of me having a relationship with Tatt but because she has gone through so much as a kid I never wanted her to feel this way. "You can make her happy and beg because you will beg for her to come back but I will be watching you with Edgar on my arm."