22: Braids

Raven

Raven

I woke feeling rested, I don't remember the last time I have woken up so peacefully. Rolling over I expect to find Tatt's body but my hand finds nothing. Feeling the cold bed, my head goes up seeing an empty side. He left didn't he. He learned the truth of the night and left.

Sighing I got up from my bed feeling my heart break as I pulled on some jeans and a working tank top. Walking towards the kitchen I could hear talking and giggling. The second I walked into the kitchen the sight knocked the wind from me and brought tears to my eyes.

Sienna was sitting on a tall stool in-front of Tatt with a spatula in one hand as she watched pancakes in a pan. Tatt was behind her playing around with strands of her hair.

"How the fuc-fudge did Briac do this so fast?" Tatt muttered as he tried to do something with them. "Play back the video would ya little darlin'?"

Sienna giggled picking up his phone and hitting the play button on a 'How to French Braid' hair tutorial. "Briac was the big one with a beard, right?"

Tatt chuckles as he tried to follow along with the video to braid her hair into two French braids. "You just described half the club. But yah you met him."

"He doesn't look like he would know how to braid?" Sienna said earning a tug of her hair by Tatt.

"Watch the pancakes or I'll braid your hair into a rat's nest, remember when there are multiple bubbles-"

"I flip it over." Sienna finished flipping a pancake over as the smile on my face grew. "Why does Briac know how to braid, his hair isn't long?"

I leaned against the door frame watching them interact with each other. They worked together so effortlessly, Tatt wasn't forcing a relationship with my daughter and she wasn't either. It was like they have known each other for years.

"He practically raised his younger sister, used to braid her hair when she was a youngster. He could do it fast, made it look easy WHICH IT IS NOT!" Tatt took a breath and finished one funky looking braid. Shaking his head, he moved onto the other side to do the other one. "Okay separate into three pieces..."

Sienna giggled as Tatt kept muttering what to do as she took the pancakes out the pan and poured more batter to start new ones.

I don't remember the last time I had been as happy as I am just leaning against the door watching these two. I don't even know how to describe it, it's almost like everything that is important is together in perfect harmony. And for once, I am not worried about how long this will last because I know it will.

"Good morning you two." I said softly once Sienna looked around smiling at me as Tatt was now done with another funky braid.

"Morning Mommy, we are making blueberry pancakes." Sienna beamed hopping off the stool skipping to the fridge taking out the maple syrup.