32: Tic-Toc

Raven

Raven

As a Mother you remember everything about your child. Everything. I can remember the day I first held her in my arms, I may still have been a young girl myself but I grew up fast when that stick showed two lines. And when I held her for the first time, I don't even know how to describe the feeling when you heart warms and you know that the little one in your arms is someone you will do anything for.

I tried so hard to run away with her and it never mattered he always found us until that bullet went through his head. My worst-case scenario was that night, when she had to see what he did to me, for him to direct that anger to her. I did everything I could and it will be my greatest regret. Josh worked during the day and I had her in bed before he ever came back home but it was no way for her to live.

My girl is a fighter, it was hidden for years until we moved on the farm, that is where she became her stronger personality. With her brown hairs and freckles she looks like an innocent kid but has trouble all over her. Trouble ranging from camping out late at night, being covered in mud, fight a MC biker without fear. Yeah, she met a bunch of bikers and punched one down with no problem besides she wasn't wearing an outfit like Black Widow.

I sighed standing up and wiping the wetness from my cheeks, "stop crying and uterus the fuck up. Your girl is missing, stop fucking crying."

"Your allowed to cry." Birdy said walking into Sienna's room that I was in placing a cup of tea down.

Shaking my head, I turned to look out the window overlooking the woods. "No, I am not. My daughter is missing and I have allowed myself to be talked into staying here waiting for her to come home. While the men go look for her. It's pathetic."

Birdy walked over to stand beside me, looking out the window. "You can't risk- "

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. You can't risk leaving in case people are after you and take you. I have gotten that speech three times from Tatt, twice from Spotter and even Deadpan has given it. Still makes me pathetic to agree to it." I grumbled getting frustrated that I wasn't doing enough. I trust Tatt and his brothers, I do, but I can't just stand around waiting for them do what I should be doing.

Before she could respond her phone gave off a chime making her check. "Shit. Will you be okay for thirty? I forgot to go pick up my prenatal pills before the pharmacy closes I am so sorry." Birdy said nervously making me nod to get her out of the house. I can't stand anymore sympathy looks and someone hovering over me.

"I will be fine." Birdy looked at her phone worried making me put my hand on her wrist, "go, I'll be okay. Deadpan is here remember."

She blew out a breath, "Doesn't mean you will listen to him. I will be right back, I swear. Call if you need anything and don't try to do anything heroic that will get you in trouble."