16: Coffee

Raven

Raven

I slid out of my truck arriving back at Amara's bakery "Dropping Pies' to meet up with Serenity to help her relax and answer questions about pregnancy. It was Friday so Jose was able to watch the barn while I was gone and Sienna was at school. It is weird being here considering the last time I was it didn't end well.

Tomorrow is Saturday which means Tatt will be back at work, the first time I'll see him since the fight. He was there Monday but I made sure to be out to avoid seeing him at all cost. I'm not going to revoke his work that would send him to serve his punishment in jail since I do need the help and am not going to send him to jail when he can be here. But the thought that he will be at the barn is tearing me up. It's not anger I feel, its betrayal. I have fought and worked hard to leave my past in Boston and he brought it up without my permission. He had someone do a background searchand I could already see the theories behind those eyes of his. I told him time and time again to leave my past alone and he searched it.

But I still craved him.

His touch.

Those eyes.

Him making me feel again...

"Raven!" My head turned as I walked into the bakery, the place flushed for the lunch rush where I see Serenity with a pile of books at a high-top.

Smiling I walked over, "damn girl how many pregnancy books you buy?"

She laughed as I took a seat looking over the ten books, "Oh I bought one... Hunter bought the other nine..."

I whistled, "well I guess that means he is excited."

Her face just deadpanned, "he is going so alpha male I may end up kicking him out of the house for the next nine months. He wants to be an alpha wolf I'll give him a dog house."

Laughing, I shook my head, "he cares. Bring him to the appointments and he should calm down... maybe no idea since I only met him once."

"Here you two are, nice to see you again Raven." Amara placed a tea kettle between us with two cups and a tray of pastries.

I helped clear the table of pregnancy books smiling at Amara, "You as well, the place looks like a hit congrats!"

She blushed with a proud smile, "here's hoping, gotta run but nice seeing you." As fast as she was here Amara was gone.

Sienna let out a soft chuckle pointing at the pile of books, "she just stole one of the pregnancy books. Ha totally knew she was pregnant, now I get to win that bet with Hunter. I was going to keep quiet about mine too but Tatt had to open his fat mouth." I chuckled at the happy woman and made a glance over to Amara who was running around the bakery, my eyes spotting Ryker in the corner watching her every move. "Ryker watching her like a hawk and talking about her anxiety more was the big suggestion but now with her thievery she only proved it."