7: Dollar

Tatt

Tatt

Sitting up I wiped Smoke's shoulder, his reaper tattoo complete. "Take a look and let me know what you think."

Smoke got up from his chair walking to the mirror turning to see the black and white detail tattoo. "Fuck brother, forgot how good you are at this."

"Don't fucking forget it. Fuck you for not coming to me for that tattoo on your chest seeing how I did the original." He walked back scowling that I brought up what he hoped I would dismiss. Smoke sat back down letting me finish cleaning and wrapped up. "I mean the tattoo artist did an okay job of the bleeding keyboard but it hurts brother, betrayal having another artist use my design."

He looked away from me, getting up to pay, tossing his shirt on. "Not one word to anyone."

Rolling my eyes, I stood up. It was good to have the brother back, it's been far too long, we grew up together and one day he was nomad.

"Hey," I voiced as I rang him up, "what's wrong?"

He squinted looking pissed though I know him enough to know he was just annoyed not angry. "Talk? You grow a pussy since I was last here?"

I leaned against the back wall, "come on Smoke, you've been weird since you got back. Don't give me any bullshit for an answer, it's been awhile since I've seen you and when we met up on the road you weren't acting like you. I get that Nomads live a different life. You are by yourself making your own shots but its lonely especially when you have a matching tattoo to someone."

"You know you should really hire another artist, you're overworking and seeing things that aren't there." Smoke said back putting his cut on, the Nomad patch still on there.

I scoffed, "That is a lame reason seeing as Deadpan now works here. So, my ability to see things are not compromised."

He took out a cig lighting it up and puffing the smoke out of his nose making me take the cig and toss it. "No smoking in here asshole." I grumbled.

Smoke rolled his eyes. "Even with Deadpan you're still sleep deprived. You are starting to ignore club women, keep smartass comments down and talk about feelings which last time I checked I don't have."

"Everyone feels. And we are not talking about me we are talking about what's going on with you." He looked away shutting his jaw tightly.

"Second Briac doesn't need me at the security agency I'll be back enforcing on the road."

I sighed deeply looking at Smoke, the last few years being on his own nomad seems to be affecting him. He has always had that dark look but now it seems wild, a wild crazed animal ready to rip the others throat out. "We could use you particularly with the shit that's been going on."

"Briac's already given me that talk, went full army debrief on my ass."

I laughed, "that's when you know you fucked up."