14: Breaking Trust

Raven

Raven

"Here you go." Serenity said sitting inside the bakery passing me a glass a wine, "enjoy it for me you bitch."

I laughed, "hey I had my turn now it's yours."

God this wine is what I need, trusting Tatt with Senna was extremely difficult but she wanted to go and I can't a frown on her face.

I don't know anyone here but something had shifted in Tatt and I since yesterday. We haven't had a chance to talk due to work at the club but maybe tonight I wouldn't mind talking with him. Maybe I shouldn't get close to him but I promised no more fear so I can't keep my heart guarded from him. I didn't want to bring up the past but he wouldn't judge me for that night, those years and what was done. The only thing he could judge was how it went down. What I let happen.

My heart dropped at that thought. That he would know my greatest shame.

Three other ladies flopped down on the couch in front of us. The one with black tight curls grabbed a glass of wine in front of her shaking her head, "I'm not cleaning any of those boys up tonight, just got off a double."

Serenity laughed, "well they are supposed to be doing light boxing hopefully that means they are... shove them a tampon that'll work. Anyway, this is Raven, Raven this is Doc, Clary or Princess by the brothers and Amara she's the bakery owner."

The one name Clary looked at me guilty. "So, you're Raven Monroe? You and Tatt together?" How did she know my last name?

Her last question caused Doc to cough out her wine looking at me with wide eyes, "you're with Tatt?"

I shook my head quickly shutting down this train of thought before I got caught in the idea. "No not like that! He works at my barn and was late so to make it up to my daughter he invited her to a party. And well my girl has freckles, cute eyes and braided hair who stood up to bully... I had no other choice but to say yes." I took a sip before turning to Serenity, "get ready for that. They use the cute factor. All. The. Time..."

She sighed, "I already know. Hey random question, I don't want to sound creepy but can I babysit Sienna one night? Just to get used to a kid, around Hunter too? He is going crazy baby proofing and reading about pregnancy. As you saw when I made Tatt drag him off."

We all laughed at her husband's extra protectiveness, "you mean I get to have a night off by myself? God that hasn't happened in ten years. I may have to get to know you first a bit more, little over protective with Sienna, but after I wouldn't see why not."

Serenity waved her hand, "completely understood I have nine months to be your new best friend."

I chuckled taking a sip looking around before looking back at Amara, "the place is gorgeous, congratulations you can count on my money coming in."