34: Playing House

Posting 1/2 today!

Raven

I laid in the hospital bed trying to keep the florescent lights from bothering me and just focus on the body of my daughter laying down beside me asleep.

Asleep and safe.

So much had happened and I want to think about it but my mind felt numb. Way too much had happened. To many close calls with Sienna and I possibly ending up six feet down. I was stupid running in there alone but I had to at the moment. At least I was smart enough to call upon Tatt, I always knew he would be there within a second, even from the first day I set eyes upon him.

I kissed Sienna's head grateful that she was unharmed besides a few scrapes and bruises.

I looked up from Sienna trying to see Tatt through the doors of my ER room, ever since we got to the hospital he had been distant, refusing to meet my eye or stay with me to even talk. Part of me wants to ask all the questions to figure out what the hell happened to lead up to this nightmare and the other wants to just be thankful for getting out of it alive and to go home with him and my daughter.

Hearing boots my heart sped up wanting nothing more than to wrap my arms around Tatt but that quickly vanished when Spotter knocked on the room's door. "Doc said you'll be discharged soon. Your car is upfront, want me to take Sienna?"

Sighing I nodded bending down to kiss her forehead as Spotter walked over to us. "Yes, thank you. It's time to take her home where she belongs. Hey have you seen Tatt around here? I haven't seen him since you guys brought us in."

Spotter bent down picking up Sienna, the exhausted girl not even moving in his arms. "No. I'll find him and send him in though."

"Thanks Spotter."

"No need to thank me Raven." With that he turned and walked out of the room making me take a deep breath reminding myself that Spotter would protect Sienna and won't let her get taken again. It's going to take away to calm down from all of this, isn't it?

A new knock on the door drew me from my thoughts seeing Doc walk in. "Hey got your discharge papers, just need to check your wounds one more time then I'll let you out."

Smiling at her she gathered us some new bandages and antibiotics. "Thank you for pushing for me to get out of here and home. I can't even think about spending the night here right now, probably lose my mind."

"It did take some convincing but I have a high enough position here that they respect my demands." Doc said looking at my shoulder wound, checking the stitches on the through bullet hole.

"Pretty cool seeing you at your work place, badass in and out of scrubs."

"Don't forget it." Doc winked finishing up with my shoulder then checking my side. "You were lucky it is just a graze, keep the stitches dry and clean. I also have some antibiotics for you to take to keep any infection from coming on." Doc says pulling my shirt down over the bandages.