38: Past Chance

Raven

Raven

I massaged Godfrey's neck, my hands moving up and down to relieve some of his tension. Glancing over my shoulder I see Sienna walking around with the feed buckets, hanging them up in the stalls for when we go bring in the horses for the night. She had been silent, the whole experience of being kidnapped was a lot for a kid, especially one who had already been through so much in her life.

"Thank you for your help Sweetie, why don't you go inside and clean up before dinner." I said softly as she came over giving me a hug.

"Okay mommy. Um, I know it's Monday and supposed to be pizza night but can we do stuffed potatoes?" She asked looking up making me smile, she was the only thing that could make me smile when I felt heartbroken.

Kissing her head, I looked back at her, "sounds good sweetie, after you shower why don't you take out all the veggies and cheese we can stuff them with."

Sienna nodded letting go of my waist heading back to the house to get ready. With a sigh my smile fell and I turned back to Godfrey, moving to his head and lightly touching him. My thoughts drifted back to Tatt, the look on his face when he ended things, the sight of his face before I took off. It was a pipe dream.

Love.

I should have learned the first time, love tricks you into thinking everything is great before it takes it all away. I loved Tatt and he owned my heart. Then he shattered it into pieces leaving me, I could lay on the floor just wallowing if I didn't have things to look after forcing me up. Josh had broken my body but Tatt broke my heart and that was worse.

Hearing a bike pulled up I sighed not wanting to hear from Briac again. His talk was good, putting what Tatt did in perspective as he said but still. It didn't make the pain go away, I still feel too numb to even think about what he said. I need time, time to process what happened and what Briac said. Hearing Briac walk up behind me I sighed again leaning my head against Godfrey's.

"Briac I'm not in the mood t-" I cut myself of turning to look at Briac but finding Tatt. He looks, well, he looks like shit. His hair was dishevelled, dark circles under his eyes and a shiner on his eye. "What are you doing here?"

He took a small step forward but stopped himself. "I need to talk to you, if you uh have a moment that is." Tatt replied, his voice soft making every part of me want to walk over, wrap my arms around his waist for him to just hold me, "why did you think I was Briac?"

Turning I clipped the lead rope on Godfrey, taking him off the cross tie and led him into his stall, "he came here the other night to say that if you came back to let you talk and explain yourself..." Letting Godfrey into the stall I walked out looking at Tatt with crossed arms, "so talk but once you do I want you out. Make it fast I don't want Sienna to see you right now, she is hurting and seeing you could make it worse." My heart was breaking, shattering with every second Tatt was here but I had put up the cold heart walls again, I can't fall apart.