Chapter 4 - A Little Girl's Dream

'Baste Prison and the Necropolis, huh?' Meliodas said. 'I'll go check out one or the other,' He wiped some blood off his cheek and felt [Y/n] trying to take some of the pain that was throbbing in his right shoulder. But he wouldn't let her.

Fool.

Gilthunder's expression didn't change. 'So that was it. You wished to know your comrades whereabouts so you allowed me to strike you down, right?'

Meliodas narrowed his eyes. 'Why don't we finish this another time, 'kay?'

'I think not,' said Gilthunder, drawing his sword once again. He lunged but Meliodas dodged. Gilthunder swung again and again and Meliodas dodged again and again.

By the time they were back in front of Diane, Gilthunder's sword was hovering just over the wound on Meliodas's shoulder. It didn't feel pleasant, but Meliodas still refused to share the pain.

'This is goodbye,' Gilthunder said.

Meliodas waved. 'See ya.'

Gilthunder had no time to move. Diane's hand wrapped around him and lifted him into the air.

'You heard the captain,' she said. 'Some other time.' And she drew Gilthunder back, ready to throw.

'Unhand me.' Lightning started to cover Gilthunder's body.

Diane looked unimpressed. 'Here's a tip for you, okay? Girls get really annoyed when snivelling little runts try to shock them.'

And she lobbed Gilthunder at full force. He sailed over the trees like an overgrown bird, still covered in lightning. Meliodas waved 'til Gilthunder was out of sight.

'Hey, thanks. Nice throw,' Meliodas said to Diane. 'Woah, that brace is ruined.' He pointed to the blue fabric that now hung tattered from Diane's right forearm.

'Hm?' Diane looked at it. 'Aw.'

The sound of trotters running at full speed reached their ears. It was Hawk, steaming with anger, and Elizabeth, looking concerned.

'Hey!' Hawk shouted. 'You've got a lot of guts kicking me around like I'm some little pink bouncing ball! But it'll be my turn next time!' He stomped one of his feet on the ground.

'The two of you weren't hurt, were you?' said Elizabeth with a placating hand on Hawk's back.

Meliodas raised an easy hand. 'We're good.'

'Where'd that swine go anyway?' Hawk peered around.

'Wait, aren't you a swine?'

'Who smells delicious,' said Diane.

Hawk started to tremble.

Elizabeth gasped and ran over to Meliodas, her hands flying to the wound on his shoulder. 'Sir Meliodas, you were hurt,' she cried.

He looked at his torn shirt and the blood. 'This? Oh, it's no big deal.'

Then let me help you heal it.

No.

'What? Look at all this blood.' Elizabeth fussed.

'Hey!' Diane leant down. 'Would you quit getting all touchy-feely with the captain already?'

'But-'

'Look, he's got himself a right-hand girl and a wife and those jobs belong to me and [Y/n]. She's not here right now, so if he's hurt I should take care of him.'

Oh dear.

Indeed.

'Hey aren't you guys forgetting something here?' said Hawk loudly. 'I just got my butt kicked.'