Chapter 17 - The First Sacrifice

'Where am I?' Elizabeth looked around the tiny room. The walls were stone, the flickering light of a candle washing over them. There was a heavy looking metal door in front of her and a wooden chair with a jug perched on it. The whole place smelled musty and damp, like it hadn't been used in a while. If Elizabeth had to guess, she would wager she was underground.

'I don't understand,' she said. 'I was just at the Boar Hat, wasn't I? [Y/n]?'

Instead of hearing a reassuring voice, Elizabeth heard a sinister one.

'I happily welcome you home to Liones,' it said.

Elizabeth screamed and looked behind her. It was the woman who had appeared in the Boar Hat, the one with the red dress and creepy helmet.

'Are you the one who brought me here? I beg you, take me to [Y/n] and Sir Meliodas!' Elizabeth took a step towards the woman with the intent to grab her, but the woman disappeared.

Looking around in bewilderment, Elizabeth thought. 'It can't be ... This is Liones?'

The loud roar of a mighty beast answered her. Elizabeth screamed again. Such a ferocious sound could only come from a creature so terrible -

'Is that you, Hawk?'

'Where the hell are we?' the pig screeched. 'I've had it with all this crap. Let's go, let's go, let's go!' The pig charged the door with a battle cry of 'Super Roasty Illusion!'

With a great shrieking crash, the door was torn from the walls. Elizabeth stared at the warped metal.

'Okay, mission accomplished,' said Hawk, reappearing with a proud smile and blood spurting from his backside.

'Oh, Hawk, you're bleeding!'

The sound of a door creaking reached Elizabeth's ears. She peeked round the corner and saw a man looking right at her. Luckily he was yawning; he must have just woken up. But Elizabeth still started to shake. She clutched at the stones of the doorway and shivered.

'The hell's going on out here?' said the guard.

'Quick, hide,' whispered Elizabeth. 'It's the lookout.'

'ROLLING HAM ATTACK!' Hawk barrelled down the corridor and slammed into the guard at top speed. The guard's head smacked against the wall and knocked him out. 'All right! Now let's beat it.'

'Okay.'

And Elizabeth and Hawk started to run down the long stone corridor.

¾

'Don't let Meliodas use Full Counter!'

'Aim for a direct hit!'

The fight had started up again. Your excitement to see Merlin and Arthur again was swamped by your worry for Elizabeth. You duelled two knights at once, knocking them down impatiently before moving onto the next one.

To your right, Meliodas was fighting another knight and didn't notice one sneaking up behind him. Before you could warn him, though, Ban was there, punching the guy down easily.

'Don't think you can beat us without using magical powers, dumbasses,' said Ban. 'Of course even with them you'd still lose.'

There was a break in the fighting. You stood beside Meliodas and watched the oncoming hoard of Holy Knights.

'Geez, these guys don't let up, do they?' said Ban.

'Looks like we're gonna have to wipe them all out after all,' said Meliodas.

You groaned. 'That's going to take too long.'

'There's a simpler way,' said Gowther. He walked unhurriedly past the three of you and raised his arms. 'Sacred Treasure Double Bow Harlit.'