Chapter 11 - Pent-up Feelings

'Capta - I mean, Meliodith! Go get him!'

'Hey, Ba'an! If you screw up and lose this match, I'm gonna tell Elaine!'

You listened to King and Diane cheer and smiled. They were really getting into it. Another wave of pins and needles washed over you and you shuddered. But you didn't grow this time.

'Oh, that's right.' Diane moved her shirt so Elizabeth's tiny face was barely visible. 'You can cheer too, Elizabeth. You don't have to worry; nobody's gonna see you.'

King's eyes bugged out his head again.

'Time for the match to get underway,' said Love Helm to deafening cheers.

You slipped your ring onto your finger. It was way too big, but it should still work.

No cheating, okay?

Meliodas caught your eye and grinned. Who, me?

You rolled your eyes.

'Sure would be nice if we had more room to move around,' Ban said, still limbering up. Meliodas laughed. 'So what's with the laughing? You really looking forward to fighting with me that much, Captain?'

'I was thinking back to the old days. We had about this much space then, didn't we?' said Meliodas.

'It's been a while. Which time are you talking about?'

Meliodas put up his hands. 'Don't worry, 'cause you'll remember it soon enough.'

And the fight began. Meliodas blurred into action. In the blink of an eye he'd punched Ban across the face. Ban grunted. Blood splattered. The crowd gasped.

'Oh yeah.' There was a huge grin on Ban's face even though his voice was muffled by the huge swelling on his cheek. 'I think I remember now.'

¾

You stood outside the prison and tried not to worry. Meliodas said he wouldn't be long and he was usually right about these things but, well, it was in your nature to worry. And this "undead" guy sounded a bit ... off. Maybe you should've gone in too.

No sooner had the thought crossed your mind, the walls of the prison began to shake. Well that had to be Meliodas.

You were right.

With an enormous bang, a man came flying through one of the walls. You ran over to see if he was okay, but he was laughing. You slowed and stared down at the strange man before looking through the giant hole in the wall. Meliodas waved at you.

'You really did throw me out,' said the strange man. He sounded delighted by the fact.

'It looks like round one goes to me, right?' said Meliodas.

The man, who you realised must be Undead Ban, sat up. 'I say we do this again.'

Meliodas brushed dirt off his jacket. 'If you want a rematch, you'll have to leave this place and join me.'

'There was meant to be a please in there,' you said and offered a hand to Ban.

'I never agreed to that.'

Ban looked at your hand then up at your face. 'Who're you?'

'I'm [Y/n].' He put his hand in yours and you pulled him up easily. 'It's a pleasure to meet you, Ban.'

¾

'The fight's been decided with one punch,' Love Helm screeched. You rolled your eyes.

Just as he was about to leave the ring, Ban's feet found the floor. He skidded back a little but stopped just at the edge. Ban grabbed Meliodas around the waist and launched him headfirst into the ground. But Meliodas caught himself on his hands, locked his legs around Ban's neck, and now Ban was the one being launched headfirst into the ground. The ring, already cracked, broke more, pieces of rubble breaking off with the force of Meliodas's attack.