Chapter 2

🖤 I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ANYONE READING THIS. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. 🖤

Freya's POV

Gunshots echos through the thin walls. Panic and horror-filled my brain. Not thinking straight I hobbled over to the sound with and the steep steps making it a challenge. Creaking if the steps crept around the house as I reached the bottom step. Turning the corner I witness someone falling to the floor. They don't get up. I run to the person then I gun is pointed at me. A gunshot rings in my ears.

"FREYA. get up we have a lot of  stuff to do today." I woke up so full of fear and nearly hit the person who would me. I sat up with a fright and looked around the room to see the neighbour's kid's chubby and sweaty face looking at me and glaring. He was mad that I was still asleep when I should have been up and getting ready.

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to sleep in so much. I just was having a nice dream." The last bit was a lie and he could tell but just shrugged his fat shoulders. He left my room in a huff. His name is Daniel. I stumbled out of my antique, creaky bed and walked over to my calendar to see what was so important today. It was my mum's funeral. I started to cry all over again. I felt so guilty that I didn't remember it. I walked over to my grimy old dresser and pulled out black leggings then grabbed from my fragile wardrobe the black lace dress I was to wear. I walked to the bathroom to get dressed in the clothes that fitted me perfectly.

I wandered down the steep stairs to the kitchen hoping there was still something left to eat. "Good morning Freya. Did you sleep well? What would you like..." Mrs Rooks looked me in my red puffy eyes and ran over to me and gave me a warm and caring hug. "I know its difficult sweety but it will get easier." She broke the warm hug and walked me over to the counter to get something to eat. 

I walked over to the cluttered kitchen table and placed my meal on a floral placemat. I started to eat my breakfast when Mr Rooks turned up the volume on the old square tv. "... Our very own God of Mischief has a few words to say to all you citizens."

The camera panned over to the God of Mischief. "So Odin said I had to make a speech..." He gasped and glared to his left."...WHO?! What?! How?!" For a split second, he was gone but he came back with a horrified look on his face. "As I was saying I would like to acknowledge Miss Sigyn Laskaris and her recent passing. So to..." He looked down as if he was holding a script but I don't think he was."... Freya Laskaris the kingdom gives you our condolences and we wish you all the best. Um Bye now." he said clearly trying to hide his emotions from the public. The second he was done talking he teleported away.

"Um well, that was Loki the God of Mischief talking on behalf of the kingdom of Asgard..." the tv turned off and Mrs Rooks looked at me with sad eyes

"I'm sorry honey but at least the kingdom did acknowledge your mother's passing." I shrugged and went to the sink to wash my plate and cutlery. I filled the sink with warm water and poured some soap. For a while, I didn't move and just looked at the bubbles that were forming. "Are you alright dear?" Mrs.Rooks looked lovingly at me. I turned to look back at her and smiled weakly. I finished cleaning and went upstairs to brush my teeth and hair.

10 minutes later

I walked down the carpeted stairs into the dust-coated living room where everyone else was sitting in their black outfits. Mr Rooks wore a black suit with a grey shirt under which all looked very neat and freshly ironed. his hair was brushed and gelled back. Daniel had the same outfit but it looked as if it had been at the bottom of his closet for most of its life. His hair was straight bed-hair and clearly he haded even tried to brush it. Mrs Rooks had an elegant black dress that ended just above her knees. Her hair was up in a bun. I had my black dress with my hair was in a plat which was then up in a bun. Once I had walked in we all gave looks of grief to each other then walked to the car. We got in the dirt-covered car and we started the drive to the cemetery. I put my earphones in and played my favourite songs trying to ignore the pain and anger that was welling up inside of me.