Chapter 38

I admit that the end of the chapter is a bit shit but I hope you enjoy it nevertheless.

Also, sorry it's lateish. I've had a exhausting day. Today was the first day of my traineeship. Enjoy

Freya's POV

Today is Frigga's funeral and it was the first time since that day that I had left my room. I showered, dressed respectfully in my grandma's favourite dress that I owned and got ready for the funeral. The second funeral I had to attend in my life and it felt the same. I felt horrible and I just wanted to breakdown in tears. I had just lost the most important female in my life and I didn't know how to react.

At first I felt depressed like anyone would. Then I felt useless and like it was my fault and I still felt like that and I wished it could have been me. Thor told me that the funeral would be a time to accept her death but I knew I wouldn't. I needed Frigga as my grandma but she was gone. I felt numb now and I wished I could curl up into a ball and cry even though I had no tears left to do to so.

I knew my dad had been told of her death but I felt so bad that I wasn't there to comfort him. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and him to the same to me. I wanted to feel his heartbeat and feel his sadness with mine but I couldn't. Odin wouldn't let my dad out of his cell. I hated Odin with a passion.

I wiped my eyes and used magic to fix my hair for the funeral. I went into the hall then left the castle and followed the other Asgardians to the Bifrost. We were to stand on the bridge and watch from there. It was a beautiful night and I felt a sudden hatred towards that. It needed to be gloomy to match how we felt. 

I saw Mrs Stone standing by Odin at a respectful distance. She had clearly been crying as well. I went up to her and we hugged. "I miss them," I said knowing she knew who I was talking about. 

"They were both lovely people who left us way too soon." She said and let me go. We stood in sad silence for a few moments just feeling comfort in each others company. She let me go completely and pointed to the back of the group. I turned to see a weak illusion of my father standing further back from the others. I smiled and walked slightly over to his illusion.

Even his illusion was nervous and scared and I knew this as he was wringing his hands and kept shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

We stood and watched everything happen. When everyone was standing and watching, the funeral began.

A boat floated out on the glistening water which had my grandma on it in a bed of flowers. She had a beautiful dress on and held her sword in her hands and it lay atop her body. Once we were near the end of the moonlit water an archer let a flaming arrow fly and it hit the boat and set it ablaze. Everyone hung there heads as the boat burnt but my grandma became golden flecks in the sky as she went up to Valhalla. She deserved her place up there next to all the other great gods of Asgard.

Everyone raises their cylinders of light into the dark sky and they floated up and out of view. The golden flecks and the lanterns looked like small stars against the harsh darkness of the night sky. We stood for a moment in respectful silence to her.

Nobody moved until Odin spoke, "My wife was a beautiful, kind and peaceful Asgardian as well as a respected Queen. We will miss her to no end. Frigga died saving the lives of her Granddaughter Freya and of Lady Jane of Midgard. She was a courageous woman and fought for the safety of her people..." He continued to praise My grandmother and I felt my dad's illusion pull me into a hug that we both needed. It must have been taking all his strength to make me feel his presence even though he was an illusion. I tried to bury my face in my dad's chest but as I did so I chased his illusion to start disappearing. I signed and mumbled, 'I'll see you soon' before he was gone completely. I sniffled and Odin finished with, "Frigga is in a better place now and we will forever love and miss her."

Say hellot to my mother for me. I thought to myself. I would never forget those two women.

The Asgardians nodded in agreement and in small groups they started leaving the bridge to head home. I waited for a moment and joined Thor, Odin and Lady Jane as they walked back to the castle. Nobody talked and instead gave each other sympathetic looks.

Thor had his arm wrapped around Lady Jane while Odin walked alone.

Now he would always walk alone.

Tony's POV on Midgard

Freya was coming to Midgard in about a week or so and we had heard of the events on Asgard. Her grandmother had died when Asgard was attacked and her father was in prison for threating the King so Freya would be staying with us. Thor would deal with the attackers and stop them from destroying the nine realms.

Freya hadn't had her 16th birthday party because she was taken by HYDRA so Asgard had had a feast in her honour. I felt a little jealous and the Avengers and I decided to celebrate her birthday as well, even if it was late. We settled on a small gathering of people we knew. We all hoped she would like it and I started planning everything for her.