Chapter 22

I'm so sorry for the late post. I wanted to get this up on Tuesday. My family is moving soon so getting the house ready for selling has been taking my time. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Also thank you to CapnJackHarkness for supporting me so much. I appreciate all your comments and votes.

Freya's POV

After a few more minutes of watching them train I got bored and went to my room. I grabbed a book called 'We will meet again' by Mary Higgins Clark and sat down on one of the many chairs that overlooked the city. I held Fudge, the bear Bruce gave me, and snuggled up into a ball, laughing about how I knocked Peter down. I would just have to wait and see if Nick Fury would let me fight now. I smiled but it quickly disappeared when I heard someone clear their throat.

"Excuse me." He said and I turned to see the speaker. My eyes widened and I felt bad for my earlier actions. "Why did you clobber me earlier?" He asked and sat down next to me. I just looked confused.

"Clobber?" I asked not knowing what he meant. He laughed a little then smiled.

"It kinda means knock over or fight. I just wanted to know why you knocked me down before." He said with a little giggle. We both smiled and I nodded my head in understanding.

"To show Nick that I'm strong too. Natasha's not the only lady who can fight." I said with sass in my voice and a wide smile on my face.  I tried summoned a knife to show him I could protect myself. After a few moments I got one to come, "See". I said when one finally summoned. When I had knocked Peter down I felt powerful and I liked it. "It was fun," I mumbled softly trying not to be too loud because I was slightly embarrassed. 

He laughed and a beautiful smile appeared on his face. "Good job." He said and put out his hand. I shook it uncertainty then turned back to the view. "Have you ever been in a fight before?" He asked me and sat down in a nearby chair.

"Not really." I mumbled and drowned softly when the memory of what I did to the king came back to me. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while. We both looked out at the view of the city. My stomach grumbled slightly and it seemed to brake me from my trance-like state. "Let's go get lunch," I said and stood up. I put my book down and didn't need to worry about my bookmark as I hadn't started it. I held Fudge close to me and together we walked down the hall towards the kitchen.

Loki's POV

I sat in the same horrible chair that I had for breakfast. I had seen Peter walk into my room and I knew that my daughter was in there. I watched the hallway and eventually they walked down the hall. Freya held the brown bear teddy that Bruce had given her close to her chest as she walked into the kitchen. I stood up and walked over to her, "would you like some lunch?" I asked her and she nodded softly. I smirked remembering her fight from before that left Peter Parker on the floor. "How's your body?" I asked Peter and he gave me a small smile and started making his own lunch.

Soon the other Avengers had made there way into the kitchen and were grabbing food. They all had bruises on their bodies but Natasha had nearly nothing. Clearly she had beaten Steve.

"Your fighting skills are amazing." Nat said as she came over to my daughter. Freya smiled and they high fives each other. I finished making our lunch when Nick Fury walked into the room. I could feel my daughter get nervous as she saw him.

I put my arm around her and walked over to some lounge chairs so we could sit and eat. I felt suddenly protective over my daughter thinking that now they knew she could fight they would want her to go on missions. 

Time Jump

We finished our lunch and I went to clean our dishes. Peter went up to Freya and began to talk to her. "Hey Freya. Would you like to go to a park?" He asked and Freya nodded but looked over at me. I believed she would be safe so I nodded my head. She smiled happily and the two of them left happily.