Chapter 6

I don't have anything against 'Alice in wonderland' I just wanted to use it in the book. :) enjoy. 

Freyas POV

We sat in the grand library, reading. Loki was reading  Alice in wonderland and I giggled when saw the cover. He looked at me with an annoyed expression, "What's so funny?" I looked at him knowing that it was crazy to laughing in front of Loki. I gulped hard.

"Nothing sir. Nothing is funny," I said as I put my book down on a side table and looked at worn-out shoes trying to limit eye contact. 

I flinched as he snaps at me, "Tell me now!" The castle seems to shake and I heard books falling from there places. 

"I just never imagined that...That... The God of Mischief would read that book. I always thought you would read books that were more sinister and ominous even a bit macabre." I looked as far down as I could. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Tears formed in my eyes as he glared at me with pure hate. I picked up my book and put it away then headed for the door. 

"Goodbye sir," I said without turning around. As I left the library not quite noticing that Loki had moved from his seat too. I kept walking and turned down from one hall to another. Everything looked the same. 

After walking for ages, my heart raced and my breathing quickened. I could feel my chest tightening and stressful thoughts filled my head. I slumped into a corner and tears started streaming down my face. I sat there and let fear and worry overwhelm my body and brain. 

All of a sudden I was shaken out of my trance and I punched the person who was shaking me in the throat. I didn't realize that a knife had appeared in my hand until I had nearly stabbed them as well. I jumped up and looked at who I had punched. Its was Thor. "Oh my Gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..." I chucked the knife away and began to explain but was interrupted by Thor speaking up. 

"It's ok. It's my fault. I'm sorry for scaring you,  Miss Freya." He said in a raspy and stood up with a small wobble. "Are you ok?" He asked politely and grabbed my arm seeing that I was stumbling every time I tried to move. 

"I'm alright. Just umm... Yeah, I'm fine." I said and looked at the floor. "How did you find me?" I asked and looked around trying to change the subject from me punching the god of thunder. 

"My brother showed me to you." He said. "He was following you in snake form and noticed you fall to the ground and start to cry. He came to find our mother but he found me instead. Come on. I'll take you to Julia Stone." He answered and started to walk down the hall. I followed him and wiped my tears away with the sleeve of my jumper. 

Time Jump

We walked for about half an hour and finally arrived at the office where Mrs Stone, Frigga and Odin were. I saw Mrs Stone and sprinted up to her and we shared a warm and loving embrace. "I've been worried about you. What happened?... Have you been crying?" She questioned and let go of me but held firmly to my shoulders. 

"I got lost and may have kinda had... I'm alright though. I swear. Thor helped me back." I said and smiled weakly giving Thor a quick kind glance. Mrs Stone nodded in understanding. When I looked over at Thor again and I noticed a small green and black snake slither around his feet. I giggled softly then saw Frigga looking at Thor and the tiny snake. She kneeled and picked up the snake then took him into the other room. Thor then nodded at us and left. 

Frigga then walked out of the room with an annoyed looking Loki following behind her. Loki looked at me and mumbled unhappily, "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I would like to invite you both to dinner." Frigga sighed at how Loki had apologized then smiled at us.

"Loki and I would like you to join us tonight. We aren't having a big feast so we thought it would be nice to have some company." Frigga conformed and gave Loki a loving but fed-up look. 

"We'd love to join you for dinner. Thank you, Frigga." Julia said and gave her a thankful smile. Loki just looked at me like he recognized me but didn't know why. I gave the same expression back. 

Small-time jump 

We walked into a big dining hall and we all sat down and waited for our meals to be severed. I thanked the man who placed my food down and waited politely for everyone else to start. We all ate happily but Loki and I sat in silence while everyone talked and laughed around us. Loki and I both reached for an extra napkin and our hands touched. It was like having frostbite. This cold pain raced up my arm as I pulled my hand away from Loki's. Everyone stared at me and I looked at my hand. It was blue! 

My hand and lower arm were blue. Frigga had an expression of satisfaction but also worry. Like she finally got to see the truth but wasn't sure what the truth was. Mrs Stone gave me a worried look and she was surprised but also terrified. Odin looked absolutely horrified. Thor saw my hand then smiled like Frigga and looked at Loki. Loki had the same reaction as me. Loki got up and raced out of the room not looking at any of us. I stayed seated and sniffled. The sharp pain I had felt when I touched Loki was subsiding and my hand was slowly turning back to my nearly white skin tone. Mrs Stone put her hand on my shoulder and stood up, "Freya and I are going to leave now. She has had a long and hard day and I think I good nights rest will do her some good. Thank you for dinner. It was lovely. " 

I got up and we started to leave. "You may stay here for the night if you like. We have plenty of rooms and the chef makes a delightful breakfast." Frigga said trying to get us to stay.

"We don't want to be an imposition," Mrs Stone said.

"I insist you stay," Frigga added and that was that. Mrs Stone nodded happily and we were shown to our room that we were to stay in.