Chapter 43

This is kinda like a oneshot. It's just so you guys have something cute to read while I edit the next few chapters. Enjoy

Freya's POV

I finished making the pancakes and plated them up along with a cup of water and some medicine for their headaches. There was one for each other them and they took them gratefully.

I took my pancakes and went back to my room to eat them as the lounge was full of hungover Avengers. They seemed very happy besides the headaches they had from alcohol they drank. I sat on my lounge and tucked my feet under my thighs. I turned the TV on some random show and started eating my food.

I felt content just sitting there with no worries in my head. I knew I had something to worry about but I wasn't going to let it ruin my morning. I felt much better than I had the day before and I mentally thanked Tony for having a party. It seemed the party helped me relax while my mind sorted through the worry I had. I believed my family would be alright and they would come back soon.

Tasha Sigyn came and sat next to me and curled into a ball. I stroked her head and continued to eat. Soon the happy sounds of slightly less hungover Avengers came to my ears. I quickly realised they were getting closer and closer to my room.

I finished my pancakes just as they stormed into my room. Each one of them was holding a box with birthday wrapping around them. I chuckled and listened as they all started to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me. As they sang they placed their gifts on the coffee table and they all sat in front of me on the floor.

"Hip hip, Hooray. Hip hip, Hooray." They finished singing and I started laughing. I was pulled from my happiness momentarily when I noticed that a few people were missing. Peter, My uncle and my dad weren't with them which concerned me slightly but Clint reminded me of what was happening in front of me.

"You alright Freya?" He asked and I nodded. "Wanna open the gifts?" He asked like he was trying to hide his excitement over the gift-giving. He looked like a child on Christmas day who wanted to see what Santa had brought him.

"Sure," I replied and he handed me a small gift with balloon wrapping. I smiled knowing that in that moment I was surrounded by people who loved and cared for me.

Time Jump

I opened the last gift and pulled out a selection of books that I had never seen before. I smiled at them and read the title of the book 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. I looked interesting and I was excited to read it. "Thank you so much guys," I said and started collecting all the wrapping paper that and filled the lounge around me.

The Avengers cleaned up the mess while I put my gifts away. Lots of different books, A few shirts, a few pairs of leggings and my favourite thing of all: Plushies of each of them. I had one of every Avenger included my dad, the new men I had met and even ones of Odin and Frigga. I figured some had been custom made as I had never seen an Odin or Frigga plushie before. The Frigga teddy brought a single tear to my eye. I set them up along one of the shelves so I could see them from anywhere in the room.

I couldn't hold in a laugh as I looked at them. Most of the Avengers jumped when they heard me laugh as they weren't expecting it. "What was that about?" Asked Tony as he came over to me. He looked at me and said, "Freya, Your crying. What's wrong?" He asked me but I couldn't reply with words. I just kept chuckling and soon the other Avengers came over to me.

We all looked up at the shelf I had filled with the plushies. "That's my family," I said trying to suppress my laughter. "That's my family in the form of soft toys," I said and set the others off laughing too.

We stood laughing for quite some time when Peter came in and saw what we were looking at. "What's all this?" He asked and stood next to me.

"They bought me these dolls for my birthday and, well, just look at them," I said with a giggle. He looked at me and clearly didn't get why I was laughing but he joined in. The others left the room and I took the Spiderman plush of the shelf and showed it to him. "It's mini you," I said and laughed like a looney. It you hadn't seen me last night you would think I was drunk like the others. I held the plushie out to him and he took it from me. For some reason, I couldn't stop giggling at the sight of seeing Peter holding a mini Peter.

"It's kinda cute, but you have the real thing just here." He said and gave me a smile. I chuckled and tried not to read to much into his words. I felt a new feeling in my stomach that I could quite place. I liked it though. I bit my lip softly and smiled at him.