Chapter 36

Freya's POV

I chucked my bag over my shoulder and went to the roof. Peter was at school and I didn't want to see him before I went back to Asgard. I had already told J.A.R.V.I.S to tell Peter goodbye for me and that I had left him something on my bedside table that was for his eyes only. 

Thor was there waiting for me on the roof and called on the Bifrost once we were holding hands. We flew off and I yelp at the feeling of the floor dropping from below my feet. I felt safer when I felt the floor make contact with my feet. I hadn't gotten used to that feeling but Thor seemed completely used to it. He had been travelling by Bifrost for 1500 years or so.

I said a slightly threatening 'hey' to Heimdall and walked up to my horse. My horse was named Cleo and she was black with cream feet. Her mane and tail were cream and it swished as I petted her neck. I climbed on and Thor and I started riding to the Castle. I had told him that I didn't want to travel by Mjolnir any more as it made me feel sick.

We arrived at the Castle and Thor took me straight to my grandma's room where she was waiting with all the books you could ever need. "Hey grandma, what's with the books?" I asked and sat down on the lounge where she gestured for me to sit with her. She let me call her Grandma but Odin was Odin and I was fine with that. 

"Your at that age where you lose control of your magic and need to figure out how to use it. Loki went through the same thing and we helped him learn." She said and started asking me questions about my magic.

I told her about the glowing, the feeling of being taken over, how scared Nat looked and the fact that my strong negative emotions were the cause for it all. She nodded the whole time and seemed to understand everything I said. I figured she went threw similar when she was younger as well. 

We started talking about different ways to sort out my magic and how I would learn to control it. "So I'll study about magic and do my training with lady Sif," I said and nodded in understanding. Then I thought accrued to me. "Hang on, is Lady Sif magic?" I asked and looked at my Grandma.

"No she is not but she has helped many young magic Asgardians learn to control their powers." She explained and I acted as if understood. I didn't understand fully but I already had so much flowing threw my head without having to worry if Lady Sif was magic or not. 

Time Jump to her training and just a few hours till Malakith attacks. 

Frigga and I had stopped chatting about magic and she had sent me on my way to get ready to train. I ran to my chambers and quickly got changed into my Avengers fighting gear. I was scared and I didn't want to hurt Lady Sif but I knew I didn't have much choice. I knew she would want me to be punctual so I basically ran to where she was expecting me. 

I was not ready for this. I didn't want to hurt anyone let alone this intimidating lady with a huge sword. She could have killed me with that sword if she wanted or needed to. I tried to avoid everyone I could. I even avoid the royal family but I bumped into a few of them. Expect Odin. Odin hadn't been seen outside his chambers for a week now and Asgard was beginning to worry about him. 

I arrived at the training room and pushed open the big gold doors which were a lot heavier than they looked. Sif was standing there fighting with my uncle and they both looked equally matched. I cleared my throat and stood awkwardly in the corner. They stopped fighting and came over to me, both breathing very heavy. "Ready Freya?" Sif asked and I shrugged.

I didn't know if I was ready or not but I didn't get much of a choice. "I'll let you get started," Thor said and left the room leaving me standing awkwardly in the corner and looking to the ground. Sif and I walked to the middle of the room and she basically told me to do my best and she would defend her self. I nodded and took a deep breath while trying to focuse on my strong emotions.

Anger, fear and despair. I felt my body turn as cold as ice and I felt this growing sensation. It was like in the movies when the song builds up until the big reveal or surprise. As though the music had stopped building, the beat in my head dropped when I opened my eyes. They had changed drastically and they weren't any type of green or blue. They had changed to a deep crimson and glowed like a raging fire.

I felt my control over my own body leave and I felt like I was the passenger when I should have been driving. A sort of demon took over my body and I was stuck watching it happen as evil consumed my body and mind.

Sif took a careful step back at how I had changed and she raised her sword. "Freya? Focus on controlling the power." She said and even though it meant to sound strong and confident it sounded shakey and weary. I could tell she was ever so slightly scared.

The demon in my body summoned a sword and it wasn't a small one. It was slightly bigger than Sif's sword. "Freya?...Freya?" She asked as she took a careful step back. My body started attacking Sif with all of its strength and Sif looked worried.

My body jumped and held her weapon down to hit Sif. Sif dodged it but fell to the floor. Sif raises her sword again and we started having an intense and deathly sword fight. One of us was going to end up with the healers I just knew it.

Time Jump to an hour before Malikith attack

My body fell to the ground as Thor chucked me off of Sif who was laying on the floor in a small pool of blood. As my head hit the floor I left darkness take over my weak body and the last thing I heard was a mix of scared yells for me and Sif.

My mind was overrun with darkness and I felt like I was swimming in an inky pool. The evil that was in my body was now gone and I was in control once more. I continued to float around the darkness with semi peaceful thoughts in my head. I heard my mum's laugh then the laugh of my father. The happy laughs of my family sounded around me but all too soon it came to a sudden stop.

I saw Thor kneeling over a body on a long blue formal dress. A lady with brown hair stuck her head out from behind a pillar at clasped her hand to her mouth. Everything started to spin and the figure disappeared. Soon everything changed and I saw my father in his room with Thor telling him the news of the death. I had guessed who it was that had died by Loki's reaction once Thor was gone. Loki used magic to fling everything around him to the edges of his room including the furniture. He had such a pained expression on his face and I wanted to give him the biggest hug I could. Soon that scene fainted from my view. The next scene distressed me even more and I was horrified at what I saw. Loki sitting on the floor of his room with tear-stained eyes. His furniture and belongings still stacked against the walls where they had been from the last scene. Loki had what looked like blood on his feet and I tried to go over to help him but I couldn't. I looked at my father who looked so broken and in need of a hug then started to cry. Someone came in and I turned to see Thor come in with a note. He handed Loki the note and without being asked gave Loki a polite sad hug. The scene started to disappear too and I was left with a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. The next scene was everyone standing on the Bifrost watching a boat sailing away from us. An archer let a flaming arrows fly and it hit the boat. Thor stood with the brown-haired lady and everyone let circle lanterns fly into the air. I felt tears sting my eyes and I let them fall.