Chapter 29

Benedict is such a beautiful man.

Freya's POV

I sat facing the blank wall with my pastel green, tear-stained eyes. It had been mere hours since we got home and I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. My dad was laying in the hospital lab, I had killed a man, I had to know idea where Peter was, I was alone in a strange room without my father. I held Fudge, the bear from Bruce, in my arms trying not to cry any more than I already had. Fudge had helped me throw sadness when I was little and I hoped he would do the same. "Mum, I...I miss you. Dad got hurt badly because off me. I didn't mean to get anyone hurt but I lost control and a few people got hurt." I mumbled then remembered the last bit. Talking to my mum also helped me even though I knew she could reply back to me. I always hoped me could hear me from Valhalla." I killed a man," I said and felt a few tears escape and roll down my face.

A knock at the door made me aware that others were around me and I wasn't alone anymore. "Sorry if I startled you." Said the voice I recognised as Peter. I turned around and nodded at him indicating he could came in. I turning back to look out the window while Peter moved from his space leaning on the doorway.

I wiped my eyes to hide my tears from him. Peter came over to me and sat down in a near by chair and gave me a comforting look. "I heard what happened and wanted to say sorry."  He tried to get me to look at him but I refused. I heard a small meow and I knew he had brought Tasha with him. "You didn't do anything wrong. You were protecting your family." He said trying to comfort me but he didn't. Tasha Sigyn climbed onto my lap and curled into a ball. 

"Please go away." I mumbled and hugged Fudge closer to my now trembling body like I had many years ago, when I had my childish moments. Peter nodded and hesitatly left the room, leaving me just before a river of tears flowed down my face. He took Tasha Sigyn with him and snuggled her close to his face than gave her a small kiss on her head.

Time Jump

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and they were shaking me gently. I moved softly and opened my eyes to see Peter standing next to me. "Come on, you've been sleeping here for hours and you need to eat." He said and I knew I didn't have a choice at that point. I was hugrey but ai didn't feel my legs could carry me. I nodded and stood up slowly but my head was spinning.

A few moments past and the pain in my head subsided along with the strange spinning. We walked together to the kitchen and I sat on one of the bar stools. I put my head on my hands and rested my elbows on the table. Peter handed me a plate of sausages and mash. Clearly they had that for dinner and had saved me some but I didn't feel like eating. Not with my dad in his condition. I heard Bruce say it didn't look good for my dad when we were on the jet and I couldn't stop worrying over it.  

Peter sat next to me and put a glass of juice next to me. "Eat, please." He said and gave me a weak smile. I didn't want to upset him so I grabbed the spoon and took a spoonful of the mash potatoes. He gave me a side hug and said, "Thank you." He stood up and went to the sink where he was washing the other Avengers dishes. I took a few more spoonfuls of mashed potatoes then ate half a sausage. It made me feel ill eating and my stomach ached softly so I had to stop eating. I washed it all down with a few sips of juice just to make Peter happy.

After he noticed I had finished he walked me back to my room to make sure I was okay. He went back to his chores while I showered and changed into some PJ's. I took Fudge over to the bed but didn't get in. It felt wrong. I didn't want to sleep in a bed and I didn't know why but it felt wrong. I grabbed a pillow and a spare blanket then climbed onto the lounge. I got myself comfortable on the lounge trying not to think about everything that was happening.

Dream

The music sailed through the room and My mum and I danced around. Bird song mixed in with our laughter that flowed through the room. Our smiles couldn't be stopped as we spun around holding hands. I felt her hands slip away and darkness took over. I saw a figure holding a green handled dagger in their blue hand. Wait blue? I stepped closer to see the person was about my hight and blue while kneeling on the floor. An icy blue aura was around them and I knew who it was. It was me. I gasped and tried to get the dagger from myself but it wasn't working. In front of us lay my dad laying on his side with a knife deep in his back. I screamed and fell to the floor next to my dream self. I could feel his blood soaking into my pants. Tears streamed down my face as the last words he said to me before losing consciousness rushed into my head.

I Love You

He and my dream self disappeared and the man I had killed entered my view. I was still kneeling on the floor but felt like I was spinning. The moment of the man's death played in front of me like a broken recorded.

Awake

"Freya! Freya!" Said a strong voice. I was pulled into a hug I remembered from many years ago in the jail cell. It was Thor. Everytime he hugged me it reminded me of that day but never made me feel sad. I made me happy to know he would always be there to look after me. Thor sat down and put his strong arms around my trembling body. I put my head onto his shoulder and listened to his vocie. "Ssshhh. You're alright. Everyone is okay and safe." Thor reassured me and held me close to his body which was surprisingly comfortable. I let my eyes close once more and focused on my breathing like I had been taught to do.

I heard running footsteps come towards my room and I guessed it was the other Avengers. I didn't look up from Thor's shoulder just wanting them to go away. "What happened? We heard you yelling, is Freya okay?" Asked Peter as he came into the room at a run while the others waited at the door. I didn't move but continued to cry softly while Thor explained.

"She was having a nightmare and as my room is next door I heard her crying and fussing." He continued to talk to the others but neither of us let go of the iron grip we had on each other. "Why weren't you asleep in the bed?" Thor asked me and I shook my head not wanting to talk. I felt like my mouth would betray me if I tried.

"Dad," I mumbled and sniffles loudly. "I miss my parents." I managed to say before being struck mute from tears but my speach was hard to hear as I still had my face now hidden between Thor's shoulder and the lounge cushion.

Thor nodded in understanding but he knew nothing of that feeling. "Freya? Do you want someone to stay with you?" He asked and I nodded softly feeling that having someone with me would make me feel safer. I wanted Thor or Peter to stay with me as they made me feel the safest. Thor moved me so my face was away from his shoulder and he wiped my eyes and face from the tears.

"I'll stay," Peter offered and Thor nodded noticing that I looked happy with that idea as I had looked up at Peter when he spoke. Thor moved slowly so that my head didn't fall and gave me a kiss on the forehead. My mum used to do that after I had a nightmare. I guessed Frigga did it for him and Loki when they were little.

Thor and the other Avengers all left the room leaving me and Peter alone in the room. "Come on," he said and handed me Fudge who had landed on the floor some time during my nightmare. Peter seemed to know how important the bear was to me even after all these years. He didn't judge that I was now a 16 year old with a security toy and I appreciated that so much. I took Fudge from him and his hand then we walked over to the bed.

I climbed up and Peter did the same. Peter sat in the middle while I laid next to him with my head on his lap. He stroked my hair and smiled at me, "Good Night, Fray." I smiled at his nickname sort of thing for me. I whispered good night back and soon fell asleep feeling safer than before.

Sorry for the longer then normal chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.