Chapter 44

Don't mind the pic above. It has nothing to do with the chapter. I just like it. 🤫

Freya's POV

Peter smiled and I chuckled softly. I put the spiderman doll back on the shelf and went to sit down. "What you want to do today?" I asked him as he sat down next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he sighed softly. 

"Shall we take a walk?" He asked and I pretended to think about it. I nodded and jumped up grabbing his hands causing him to be pulled off the lounge. 

"Let's go," I said and basically dragged him from my room. We walked past the living room but not before hearing Scott say 'Look at those two.' I skidded to a stop and looked at him. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked feeling very confused about what he had said. 

"It's just that you two are so cute together," Scott said and the other Avengers all bit their lips. They just looked at me as I stood in the doorway. They seemed worried about my reaction but I clearly surprised them.

I chuckled softly and turned around and left the tower with Peter walking behind me. "He's right you know," Peter said and he took my hand. I blushed and didn't look at him as we pushed open the tower doors. 

I giggled and we started walking towards a virtually empty park. A family of four was standing by the BBQ and I saw a few other people coming over to the family. They were chatting happily and the two kids were running around with a football (soccer ball for some people. This one ⚽ not this one🏈).  

I walked over to the swings and sat down on one of them. I watched the family laughing and talking. "Are you alright Fray?" Peter asked me as he sat next to me. I smiled and I looked at Peter. He looked very confused and whipped away the single tear that had fallen from my eye. It wasn't a sad tear but a happy tear. 

"I'm fine. I'm just..." I paused thinking of the right word for how I felt. I finally choose one. "Overwhelmed," I said and looked at him. "Thank you Peter," I said and jumped up. I gave him a hug and held him close to my body.

We stayed hugging for a while longer but we're interrupted by a small chuckle. I looked up to see the two children looking at us. The young girl was chuckling at us but the boy looked annoyed that we were taking up a swing. "Sorry," I mumbled to them and Peter and I got of the swings.

The boy helped his sister onto the swing than climbed on the other himself. They sung so happily but me and Peter didn't notice as we walked away. We walked close together and our hands almost touched a few times. We decided to go get lunch at a nearby cafe.

We sat down and ordered some baked goods for ourselves. We talked for a while about more random stuff and we just sat enjoying each other's company. We ate and paid for our meal but stayed sitting for a while longer.

"Freya, happy really late birthday." He said as we sat in the chatter filled cafe and he handed me a box. I looked at it confused. Wasn't Tasha Sigyn my birthday gift from Peter? I thought to myself but I wasn't sure of the answer. I would have asked him but my interest in the box was growing by the second.

I opened the box and inside was a little note with what I later figured out to be the first clue. I looked up from the box to see Peter gone which worried me at first. I looked around and saw a note on his chair. It read: to find me and your suprise you must follow the clues to me. If you need help you may only ask the Avengers one question each. Good luck.

I thought for a moment and felt sacred. What did he mean? Was he okay? Why was this what he was doing? I shook my head and told myself everything would be fine. I just had to figure out the clues to find him and this strange suprise he had.

The first clue read...

Ending on a cliff hanger. 😈 okay it's not that big of a cliff hanger but you never know. This could all turn sour. I hope you liked this chapter although it is rather short.