Chapter 3

Freya's POV

The ride to the funeral was sorrowful and empty. No one talked and all was silent well except the sound of a video game that Daniel was playing. Dead trees and empty fields were the views we got to see. The rain was falling onto the world and all the animals were safe and sound in their homes. We drove past the park that my mum and I used to go to every day after school. The golden fence was all rusty and the swing was not swingable. The seesaw was falling apart and monkey bars had no more bars. The place was abounded and was sucked of life and happiness. I started to sob when I saw that sorry sight and continued to cry for the rest of the way.

We reached the gloomy cemetery and I took a deep breath and headed to where a few of my mum's friends were gathered. "Hi, Guys. Thank you for coming." I said and tried not to let the whirlwind of despair that tore around my mind, take over. They all gave me a warm hug and a soft smile. 

One of them said, "We are all so sorry for the loss and we wish you all the best going on from here." The Rooks walked over to everyone and started to chat. I just stared and the ground wishing it was all over. "Hey, kid!" One of the ladies yelled at Daniel who was still playing his game. "Give me that!" She took it off of him and placed it in her purse.

"Hey. That's mine GIVE IT BACK!" Daniel screamed at her and tried to take her purse but she was too tall. She stood like a tower above him and he didn't like that. He stepped on her foot with his but she barely flinched. 

"I will give it back after the funeral." She then took my hand and we all walked over to some cover to get out of the rain that had started up again.

30 minutes later 

We all walked mournfully towards the church and the funeral began. We sat, listened, cryed and hugged each other during the whole thing. I cryed the whole time and when it was time for me to talk I walked up slowly and shakily. "Um so. My mum passed away because we were attacked and um..." I cryed louder and couldn't stop. "S..she died because someone tried to hurt and take me away so technically this is my fault..." Everyone in the church murmured their disagreement. "I...I will miss her very much. She was the...the best mother an Asgardian could ask for and I...I'm very grateful she was mine. I...I wouldn't have traded anything for the time I spent with her. Thank you all for coming to my m...mothers f...funeral." I stuttered and wiped away the tears that had formed in my eyes. I walked off and went back to my seat to let the priest finish the service. He spoke with dignity and when it was over I walked up to my mother's closed coffin. "I'm so sorry mother" I whispered to her and myself. I knew that she wouldn't hear me but I didn't care. 

When it was done one of my mum's friends but her hand on my shoulder and lead me outside and to the Rooks car. I said goodbye to everyone and they all hugged me and wished me well. I climbed into the car and waited to go home. 

Daniel climbed in next to me and pulled out his Ipad. "Look! I got it off that witch of a lady. I can't believe you dumb ass mother was friends with her." I looked at Daniel and made my hands into tight fists. My face started turning red with anger and I grumbled softly "What you doing dork. You gonna cry again? Your so pathetic just like your mother." He gave a stupid grin then looked at my hands. He looked scared and whimpered softly.

"LEAVE MY MOTHER ALONE" I screamed at Daniel and punched him on the cheek as hard as I could. Which is pretty hard. I started hitting him and screamed at him as loud as I could. Mr and Mrs Rooks heard me and Daniel's screaming and ran over. They pulled me off him but I managed to get one last punch to the face. "GET OF ME. LET ME AT HIM. LET ME GO." I screamed thought tears of anger as I thrashed in Mr Rook's arms. Daniels cries of pain filled the air as Mrs Rooks tried to help him.

He dragged me away and screamed, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SON?!" I slammed into a tree and he chucked me away. I yelled in pain and fell to the floor then I got back up. Being tiny for my age I badly injured my arm when he though me but the anger in me forced me to continue to fight. Everyone stared at me and I looked at myself to see why. I had gone a pale shade of an icy blue. 

I ran back to the car when Mrs Stone grabbed me from behind and started calming me. Everyone gathered around me and Mrs Stone trying to calm me and they all asked me what happened. "H..he said rude things about my m..mum!" I explained as Mrs Stone rocked my back and forth in an attempt to calm me. I continued to explain everything while Mrs Rooks tried to help her son and She called an ambulance then begun to yell at me.

"YOU SINFUL CHILD. YOU'VE BROKEN HIS NOSE. I'M GONNA KILL YOU" She sprinted swiftly towards me with tears streaming down her face, Hand raised as if to smack. Mrs Stone saw her coming and tripped her over.

"Right now everyone needs to calm down!" She handed me to one of the other ladies and grabbed a house key of Mrs Rooks. She spun the keys on her finger and smiled. "Right. Freya you're moving in with me. Let's go get your stuff so you can leave their disgusting family." She looked at Mrs Rooks who groaned. She grabbed me and headed to her car then stopped. I started to cry softly she looked at me then heard the ambulance sirens.

I started to scream again but not from anger from pain. The ambulance collected me from Mrs Stone than Daniel from his car. I saw Daniel and screamed and tried to hit him again. The ambulance crew took me as far away from Daniel as they could and got me in the car to the hospital. I held my arm and cried in pain and the Paramedics gave me medication for the pain then placed me on the bed. They did the same for Daniel and his parents climbed in with him. Mrs Stone joined me and still had the key to Mrs Rooks house.