Chapter 5

Freya's POV

I checked out of the hospital and got in Mrs Stone's car. We were on our way to get my stuff when she got a call. We walked inside and she answered her phone. She talked for ages as a packed away my things. I placed the final item in my bag and zipped it up. "Freya! Come on. I gotta go to the Palace and I can't be late." She called and I raced down the stairs.

"Wait...     Where are we going?" I asked while Mrs Stone's pushed me out of the house and into the car. She got into the driver's seat and we sped down the road.

Time Jump

We arrived at the bottom of a massive path and climbed out of the car. We started hiking up the marvellous stairs that seemed to reach the sky. "So what are we doing here?" I asked trying to get more information.

She stopped and looked me in the eye, "We are at The Castle..." The Castle. THE CASTLE. The thoughts that rushed through my brain made me feel faint.  "We will arrive at the doors soon and I need you to bow and not say a word. Only speak when spoken to with quick replies. Got it?" She finished and continued up the stairs. My mouth fell open as I ran after her but I nodded.

We walked for a few more minutes and finally arrived at the golden doors. The swirling patterns that were carved into the doors were mesmerising. Julia sighed heavily and the doors opened with a powerful bang. We walked inside and was met by some of the king's guards. They led us to what looked like an office. The King sat at a desk and the Queen looking over his shoulder at the paperwork. The guards left us in the room with the King and Queen. "You wanted to see me, King Odin," She said and took a step forward. She mentioned for me to stay put for the time being.

"Yes. I need you to...," Odin looked up and saw me practically hiding behind Mrs Stone. Frigga then looked at husband then looked at me.

"Julia. Whos this?" She said and walked up to me. She then put her hand out for me to shake it. 

"This is Freya. She will be living with me for a while." Mrs Stone said and nodded at me to shake Friggas hand. I shook it and smiled softly at her. Her eyes glistened as she looked at me like she had seen me before.

"Why don't I take Freya for a walk and you two do your work?" Figga suggested her eyes shining and bright as her smile. Before anyone could say otherwise, she walked back over to her husband, kissed him on the cheek and come back over to me. She nodded happily at Mrs Stone and took my hand in hers then we left the room.

Still unsure fo what to say I let her guide me through the maze-like halls of the Castle. I felt faint and though the world was spinning. If Frigga wasn't holding my hand I would have fallen to the ground. 

We wandered around the castle and found our way outside into a beautiful garden. I went over to a big oak tree. I stood under it and wished I could climb it. Frigga looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile with a small nod. I took it as permission so swiftly climbed into the tree and hung upside down from one of its branches. She giggled softly and sat down on the nearby bench. We just sat (Well, I hung from the tree) and talked.

"Where is your family?" She asked very politely. I took a deep breath and swung down from the tree landing gracefully a few feet in front of her. 

"Umm. Well, my mother...died recently and my father was never really in the picture. I don't even know who he is." She walked over to me and pulled me into a warm embrace. I tried to stop the tears from streaming down my face. I felt like I was safe and at home for the first time in weeks. We hugged for a while when we were interrupted by some guards as they announced the arrival of the prince.

"Mother?" He said and Frigga let go of me and walked up to her son. I looked at who it was and gasped. IT WAS THOR. I quickly put my head down and tried not to make I contacted while I freaked out inside.  Frigga and Thor hugged then Thor looked at me confused.

"This is Freya. I believe..." She said and trailed off into a whisper. Thor's expression changed and he looked even more confused (if that was even godly possible). He then nodded and started to walk away.

He turned to look at me then said, "Goodbye Freya." He then turned and continued on his way. We walked back to the room where Mrs Stone and Odin sat doing their work. We were about to step inside when someone called her name.

"Mother!? You wanted to see me?" We spun around to see Loki strolling up to us. He saw me and snapped, " Who's she?" His voice was laced with annoyance and a touch of pain. His words stung me and I had to fight back tears and the small urge to attack him. I felt this angry cold, that I knew too well, and it wanted to overwhelm me. Figga seemed to sense my anger and upset then she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"This is Freya. I thought it would be nice for you to meet her." She said and Loki nodded in understanding. He then smirked at me and put his hand out for me to shake it. I shook his hand but as we did both our hands turned a light blue and an icy pain shot up my arm. 'Shit. No.' I thought and quickly let go and put my hands in my pockets. He did the same. Figga smiled at us and disappeared to leave me and Loki standing arms reach away from each other.

We stood there for a while when Loki finally spoke up. "I'm going to go to the library. Bye." He then started to walk away. Me not wanting to go near Odin (because I could hear his booming yells from down the hall) I hurried after him.

"Can I join you?" I asked. He just nodded warily and we walked in awkward silence to the library.