Chapter 31

I'm a bit unsure about this chapter. Enjoy

A few days later

Peter's POV

Freya hadn't come from her room in days but I had to go to school today so I couldn't stay with her. She didn't move much anymore instead she sat on the lounge all day and only got up to shower once a day. She refused to eat when I left plates of food by her door and it was worrying me. I was terrified and couldn't get her to see me but I guessed she was unwell because of the way she talked when telling me to 'go away'. Her voice used to be kind, sweet and like velvet to my ears but now it sounded like gravel. 

Mr Stark had told me that she would be fine and that I shouldn't worry too much because Freya would see her dad soon and all would go back to normal. I knew it wouldn't be soon enough for her. I knocked on her door one last time but got no response. "I'm off to school Freya, I'll be back later," I said and heard a small murmur but it sounded like a whimper. I took that as she heard me and I walked down the hall towards the elevator so I could go to school. "J.A.R.V.I.S can you..."

"Yes Peter, I will notify you of anything to do with Freya," J.A.R.V.I.S said already knowing my question. I had asked him nearly every hour of the day to update me on her and he did. It never reassured me. I nodded, said a worry-filled thank you then left for school.

As I walked towards my school I heard my friends calling out to me. MJ and Ned were waiting for me at the school gates. They knew nothing of Freya because I didn't think they would be okay with her being the daughter of Loki. I put on a fake smile and greeted them with as much happiness as I could muster. 

Freya's POV

I killed a man

My dad is dying

My mum hates me

Does my dad still love me?

Was the only words in my head. My whole world was spinning and I felt ill to my core. Trying to stand caused me to feel ill so I stayed on the lounge trying to make my world slow down. I wanted off the rollercoaster of a ride my life was becoming.

"Freya!" Called the booming voice of my Uncle Thor. It took me a second to realize but if Thor was back that meant only one thing. My dad. I jumped up and sprinted over to the door but regretted that later. I bumped into Thor in the hallway and he grabbed me to stop me from falling as my head had started to spin again from standing up to quickly.

"I wanna see my dad," I said and looked at him. He nodded and took me back to my room to grab some clothes and other things that I had in my room. I grabbed Fudge, a book I had been trying to read and my bag then went to the roof waiting for Thor to take me back. On the way, I said goodbye to the Avengers who weren't on a mission. They agreed to take care of Tasha Sigyn while I was gone. 

They all loved her name and enjoyed calling out 'Tasha' to annoy Natasha. It annoyed Nat to no end whenever they did but Tony was just glad to have found a loophole to say her nickname. 

(Thanks, @CapnJackHarkness for the suggestion. I love it.)

Then I remembered Peter. "J.A.R.V.I.S, could you tell Peter that I'm going to Asgard." He replied that he already had as Peter had requested he do so. I feel bad for leaving Peter like this but he knew how important my father was to me. I thanked J.A.R.V.I.S then opened the door to the roof.

I smiled weakly at the thought of Peter being worried about me and caring enough to ask. Thor called to Heimdall and the Bifrost came down. The sensation of flying came back to me as I clung to Thor and closed my eyes tightly. The wind rushed past my ears and started frightening me as I still wasn't 100% used to the sensation.

Loki's POV

My mother left my room after checking on me for the tenth time that morning. She had brought me something to eat and some news. Freya was coming back to Asgard and we would see each other again. I was excited but I didn't want her to see how terrible I looked and felt. Thor had told me that Freya wasn't in the best shape either and that I had to be gentle for both our sakes.

I climbed out of my bed slowly and went to my wardrobe to change out of my PJ's and into some clothes. I put some black sweat pants and a dark green shirt that coved the bandages around my torso. I knew she would freak out if she saw it and I didn't want to cause her anymore worry. I looked in the mirror and ran my hair through my unwashed raven black hair. They would be here soon so I brushed my hair and put it up in a bun to keep it from my eyes.

I went back to my bed and sat down on the end then grabbed a book, I had been reading while recovering. It was the book Freya had been reading in the library that day I yelled at her many years ago. The book was surprisingly good despite my first impressions on it. I was halfway through the book when a knock at the door notified me that Freya and Thor had arrived. The door opened from the outside and a saw my nightmare.

A frail ghost-like figure stood in the doorway next to my brother. Her wavy dark brown hair was dishevelled and looked like it needed a good wash, as did mine, as it lay around her face. Her eyes were sunken in and you could tell she hadn't eaten or seen fresh air in ages. She walked over to me and Thor kept close to her in case she fell which it looked like she would fall over in a weak wind. "Dad!" She yelled and walked over to me on the bed. I could tell she wanted to run but she didn't have the energy or the ability. I tried to hug her tightly but I was too weak to do so. I hugged her as tightly as I could trying to show her how happy I was she was okay.

"I'll leave you to talk." My brother said and left the room but I knew he wouldn't have gone far in case we needed him. I didn't think we would need him but knowing he was close by made me more comfortable. He cared so much for me after everything I had done to him.

"Hey, Little bean, How you doing?" I asked her but she didn't respond. Instead, she put her head on my shoulder and she started crying softly. I felt like doing the same. I ran my hand through her hair and used what magic I could summon to calm her.

"I'm sorry," She said and moved to face me. "I killed a man, dad. I killed someone because I can't control it. I...I...I killed a man a..and I didn't protect y..you." She said, tripping over each word and I felt my shirt get damp as her tears soaked into my shirt.

"It's alright. You didn't mean to kill him. You were just protecting me and lost control. We can help you control it." I said softly and held her close. I hadn't killed anyone at her age but I had badly hurt others. She was of the age when your magic grows stronger then you and you have to learn to control it. She pulled away enough so she could look at me.

"I love you too dad." She said and put her head back down. I let a single tear roll down my face.