Chapter 23

Sorry, this chapter is really short. Enjoy

Freya's POV

I followed Peter out of the Tower and down the busy streets. People turned to look at us which Peter seemed to be comfortable with it but I wasn't. I didn't under stand why we got so much attention. I knew Peter was an Avengers but he was still a kid. Peter smiled softly and comforted me with a small side hug. Soon we arrived at the most beautiful park I had ever seen. A beautiful river ran the length of the park with small bridges to access both sides. We walked around and began to talk. "What's it like having Mr Loki as a father?" He asked and I just shrugged. I didn't really know how it felt to have Loki as my father. I had only just gotten a father let alone a god as a father.

In all honestly, I hadn't had a father before I found out Loki was my dad. "Well, he hasn't been my dad for every long. It's been a couple of months since everything." That's when it sunk in. My mum had died a mere two or so months ago. I missed her so much and wished she would have told me about my father. I figured that my mum would have had a good reason not to tell me.

"What do you mean? Didn't you grow up with him?" He asked but I struggled to answer. "Are you alright?" He asked and I snapped out of my memory trance to look at him. 

"Sorry yes, Umm my mum died recently and a few weeks after that I met my father in the Asgardian castle. It was a strange first meeting for me that's for sure." I said and wiped away the single tear that feels down my chin. "Anyway," I said with a little quiver in my voice. I held back a few tears that threatened to fall.

He nodded in agreement with changing the subject. He put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way then removed it after a few moments. He guided me over to a small pond and we sat down by the edge and watched the ducks. "How long are you staying?" He asked and I shrugged again. 

"I don't think I'll be staying much longer. I think my dad wants to go back to Asgard. The Avengers is making him a bit tense." I said and smiled as some ducks came over to us. They started quacking loudly and I laughed softly. The ducks swim around and pecked at the duck safe food that others were feeding them.

I hadn't realized but when I next looked up, nighttime was creeping closer. Peter and I had been talking all afternoon in the park while just looking at the ducks swim around. 

P.S. it's a strange thing to care about but please don't feed ducks bread. It isn't healthy for them. Thanks.