Chapter 8

Enjoy     :)

POV

"What we doing today J.A.R.V.I.S?" I asked and heard back a quick response off.

"Nothing on the schedule for today sir. Loki will be coming to visit in the new future." I sat up and almost gasped. I wasn't expecting anyone let alone Loki. He threw me out the window for goodness sack.

Recap

Frigga sighed and begun again with a worried look on her face. "Loki told me many years ago that something had happened that...wasn't...meant to but never specified what it was..." at her words, Loki blushed slightly. Frigga sighed heavily then continued..."I have many reasons to believe that Loki and Freya are..." She looked at Loki, "Loki I think...Freya is your daughter. Freya I think Loki is your father." We all stared at her in shock. My chair scraped on the floor as I stood up. My face went deathly white and I looked at her in shock and my mouth fell open. My breathing quickened and my chest tightened. I struggled to breathe. I felt like someone had punched my stomach and throat. 

Freya POV

I felt like my head was underwater and spinning at the same time. "Freya? Freya!" The distant yells of Mrs Stone echoed through my head. Suddenly this piercing spike of cold shot up my arm as Loki touched my hand to help me but I hit it.

I snapped out of my trance to Odin's bombing voice, "GUARDS." He yelled and some guards came running up to us. They came over to me and went to grab my arms because my whole body had started turning blue and small green knives had appeared in my hands. I elbowed both of them and threw the knives to the floor then sprinted out of the room and into the hall with the scattered calls of the adults trailing behind me. I heard the bombing voice of Odin yelling at me to stop but it only made me run faster as terror filled my mind.

I ran through the halls and into the garden where Frigga took me. I climbed the tree to the very top and sat down on a sturdy branch, tears streamed down my face. I placed my head in my hands and continued to cry.

Small Time Jump

"Freya? Freya are you up there?" Someone called. I looked down and saw Loki standing at the bottom of the tree looking up at me. I sighed heavily alerting Loki that I was indeed up in the tree. He slump down at the bottom of the tree and begun to talk...

Time Jump to when Freya ran out of the room

Loki's POV

As Freya rushed away and I felt hurt by her reaction to the news. I looked down at my lap, blushing awkwardly but also trying to stop everyone from seeing the tears that threatened to fall. Mrs Stone started yelling out to Freya and went to leave when Odin interrupted her, "LOKI! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NOW?!" I shrunk into my seat and a tear rolled down my face. "WITH ME NOW!" Odin stood up and started walking out, I didn't want to provoke him further so I followed him.

"Yes father," I mumbled and we were nearly out of the room when mother spoke up in her soothing voice.

"Odin! Loki has done nothing wrong. All he did was make a mistake and you know very well that mistakes are very common in this family." She said with anger lacing her voice. Odin looked down to the floor and I thought for a second he was going to hit me but he just shook his hand at me in a dismissive way. He then left the room with guards close behind him while mumbling something we could not hear. I stood in the doorway looking at the ground when Mrs Stone came over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. I jumped at the contact and looked at her. She gestured to a chair and I sat back down with her taking the place next to me.

"I'll leave you all to talk." Said my brother and he walked calmly out of the room. My gorgeous mother placed her warm hand on mine and gave me a soft caring smile. "Loki. When you first told me of an incident but didn't tell me what it was, Why? Why did you just speak up? Freya and her mother could have lived here with us.  What else is happening in your life that we don't know about?"She gave me these sad puppy dog eyes that I couldn't refuse.

I signed then answered her questions. "Mother, I didn't tell you because I was scared Odin would hurt them. If he heard about it, and I'm not saying you would tell, but if he heard there could have been massive trouble..." I said holding back more tears that dared to fall. "... They didn't live here with us because she didn't want Freya in all that spotlight. I know I made mistakes like trying to rule the world but... But I... I can't lose Freya. Please. We have to protect her from Odin!" I yelled and let the tears fall as I stood up and went to the door. "I may not have spent much time with the young girl but I knew that it was my job to look after her now that her mother has passed." I looked down and watched as my tears hit the floor.

My mother walked over to me and turned me to look at her. "Loki darling I will explain everything to... Odin... Later right not I think we need to calm you and Freya down. Where do you go when you need to calm down?" She gave me a look I recognised from when I messed up as a kid.

"The Gardens," I answered too quickly and we started walking towards the Gardens.

Once we arrived, Frigga had to convince and push me to go talk to Freya. I felt like I was going to be sick and Frigga put her hand on my shoulder. "It's ok. Just go talk to her. About anything." 

Back to Freya in the Garden.

I walked up to the tree and called out for Freya only getting a sad sigh in return. I then sat down and lent against the trunk of the tree. I looked up to see Freya using a small kitchen knife to carve into the tree. Her soft jade eyes glistening from the tears she let fall down her pale face.

"Freya. Please come talk to me. I know it's hard to understand but it's true. We are a family..." I said but she interrupted, full of questions.

"I don't care that your my father. Ok, I care a little bit but that's not my point!..." She explained and swung down from the tree, landing next to me. "I care more about the fact that you never visited, or that you never sent me a letter or even called. You made no attempt to get to know me! YOU WERE NEVER THERE!" she began to yell the last bit. I opened my mouth to say something but she got in quicker. "We can never touch! We can't do anything together. WE CANT HUG GOOD NIGHT EVER!" She cried out and tears ran down her face. She jumped up and tried to climb back up the tree. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back down sending an ice-cold burn through both our arms. She gasped in pain and slumped down next to me crying into her hands. I want to help but she was right. We could never touch.